Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 17, 2009
Link

Statistics

Replies: 205

Four year old boy suspended from pre-kindergarten... Because... His hair was too long?

:iconrasec-wizzlbang:
Rasec-Wizzlbang Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2009  Hobbyist General Artist
[link]

Uhhh... What?

I've heard some bullshit reasons for people being suspended/expelled but...

Wow...*

Hairstyles "designed to attract attention to the individual or to disrupt the orderly conduct of the classroom or campus (are) not permitted," the policy states.

Holy shit, they have a point! As soon as the other children see how crazy this kid is with his hair growing down passed his earlobes, they won't be able to do anything but stare!:roll:

Damn... They would have hated me at that place...:lol:

*(Well, actually, the most bullshit reason for an expulsion was at a private catholic high school my sister use to go to. If a girl got pregnant, she could abort it, or be expelled, so's not to damage the schools image.)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnephenee:
Nephenee Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2009
My brother went through the same thing when he wanted to donate his hair to Locks of Love. What eventually happened was that my parents had a discussion with the school, and the upshot was he could grow his hair out as long as his bangs weren't in his eyes and he wore it tied back in a ponytail.
:iconrougaroux:
Rougaroux Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2009  Professional General Artist
That kid is adorable! And I don't even LIKE children!
:icongassy-mac-gas-gas:
Gassy-mac-gas-gas Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2009
The kid doesn't look like an anarchist. He looks like he belongs in cereal ads.

As for the part about Catholic schools wanting pregnant girls to have abortions to "protect the schools image" -- Whaaaaaat? I thought Christians were against abortion. I suppose next they'll encourage the boys to masturbate so they don't have the urge to fuck the girls.
:iconeternalegend:
EternaLegend Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2009
So much for "individuality." :roll:

What the hell is long hair on a guy going to do? Consume fucking everything or perhaps hide shit under his hair?

Society has gone nuts.
:iconrelativestranger:
relativestranger Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2009
good, parents should take care of their kids
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2009  Professional Traditional Artist
Texas, (do I even need to finish that sentence?). . .
:icongayagainstyou:
gayagainstyou Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2009  Professional General Artist
Two years ago I had candyfloss coloured hair. The school told me if i didn't dye over it, i would be suspended. This was two days before the summer holidays. So I just didn't go in and went to a super fun party yeeeeaah!
:iconfurawatchi23:
furawatchi23 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009   General Artist
That kid has pretty badass hair! I think he should keep it! :XD:

I hate school dress codes at times. Our school disallows the stupidest stuff. I don't get what's wrong with wearing hats to school or shoes without a back strap.
:iconkodawaruonna:
KodawaruOnna Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009
Ridiculous. When I was in Highschool, I had bright purple hair, and I knew people with green, pink, you name it, even facial piercings. Heck, there was even a kid in ROTC with a trihawk.

My sister's middle school used to check girls for thongs when getting off the bus. Dress code got super strict and the parents fought back, going so far as to walk their kids into the school and stop any administrator who wanted to pull aside their kids for an inspection. But it was only the girls who had this problem. Guys' pants could be falling off and no one cared. My sis almost got suspended for having bright red streaks, but when she refused to dye her hair, the school gave up and let her keep them. Or maybe it was my mom telling off the principle?
:iconkodawaruonna:
KodawaruOnna Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009
*principal. My bad.
:icongummy-bear-power:
gummy-bear-power Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009
See, I went to a private Christian school, and I was the 3rd grader with the nasty, bright red chunks down both sides of my face. Now I'm gone, but my little brother is there, and he's the kid with the nasty wannabe mohawk turned mullet. I'm so glad I never got stuck with morons like these. :aww:

And also, he's adorable. D:
Rasec-Wizzlbang Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009  Hobbyist General Artist
.. Bright red chunks?:confused:
Like streaks, but like 2 inches across. And down the sides of my face. :aww:

....I really wish my mother had forbidden that, looking back on it.
I don't get it...
What don't you get?
The appeal of it. I've never heard of that ever.
Exactly. It was gross, and I seriously regret it, but I was 9. :shrug:
:icondon4:
don4 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009  Student
That stupid
:iconblackwitch31:
Blackwitch31 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009  Hobbyist General Artist
This is the most outrageous thing I had read!!!
The professionals of this school must be stupid as well their policy! I work with kids and they don't have these kind of policy... The hair cut is their parent's responsibility not ours!
We can do a thing... but against contagious diseases... we can't let them enter in the classroom without a medic declaration!!!
:iconstallion-duck:
Stallion-Duck Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009
They do that at my high school, it was on the news.
:iconthecoin-operatedgirl:
theCoin-operatedGirl Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
It's nice how a school will focus so much on what a kid wears or looks like, but never seem to punish the disruptive kids.

A girl who was in my Business Math class my senior year of high school talked/bitched/yelled at the teacher and everyone else. ALL THROUGH EVERY CLASS. She didn't even want to be in school and she made it impossible to be taught or to concentrate. The teacher never even gave her detention. A guy wore girly looking make-up and they suspended him for disrupting the learning environment. (and my BusMath teacher support this guys suspension.)

WHAT... THE... FUCK..

(and I REALLY love the comments the article is getting about how a 4 year old couldn't possibly have enough of a personality to WANT long hair. It MUST be his parents. I know I dressed myself for pre-K, chose all the clothes that were bought for me, chose my own hair cut, etc. Sure I looked like a dumbass, but I had enough of a personality to do so.)
:iconcheep:
cheep Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009
That's pretty messed up. A friend of mine used to like to wear weird clothes and spike his hair in high school and the principals(yes there were two) were constantly trying to punish him while ignoring the multiple kids selling drugs in the halls and the other kids who routinely drank in the back of class. That's justice right there!
:iconthecoin-operatedgirl:
theCoin-operatedGirl Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I guess to them, the "learning environment" is what people will physically see when they walk through the halls, not the actual environment that the stupid are placed in when they need to be learning. :disbelief:
:iconrosary0fsighs:
Rosary0fSighs Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
a private catholic high school my sister use to go to. If a girl got pregnant, she could abort it, or be expelled, so's not to damage the schools image.

that is SO fucked up.
:iconsarah--v:
Sarah--V Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009   Interface Designer
Welcome to Catholic School, kids.
:icontroll-hammaren:
Troll-Hammaren Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
Also, his hair is disgustingly short.

Every creature that has the ability to grow hair out needs to grow it out really really long. Or they shall be forced to.
Rasec-Wizzlbang Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009  Hobbyist General Artist
:thumbsup:
Short haired boys shouldn't be allowed in public.
That's what I've been telling people!:rage:
:icongavid:
gaviD Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
Damn, all my friends and I would have been expelled from that school district.
:iconrinidarklight:
rinidarklight Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009  Hobbyist General Artist
That school is a bunch of ass hats.. I'm impressed that a 4yr old is willing to go and grow their hair out for such a good cause. Id be writing a letter to someone higher up the line, and if no one wanted to listen then fine, home schooling it is.
:iconkikeri-ki:
Kikeri-Ki Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
That's considered long hair?

Damn, some of the kids in my old high school would have been expelled in a heartbeat based on that.
:iconshiinsan23:
Shiinsan23 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
There's this demon of a child I know that had to go change her pants because they where "Inappropiate." They cute little pink cameo pants that sparkled. And when her mom got there, they bitched at her too for wearing "inapproiate clothing."

I want to shoot those guys.
:iconlaika-chan:
Laika-chan Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009  Hobbyist Photographer
On its Web site, the district defends its code, saying "students who dress and groom themselves neatly, and in an acceptable and appropriate manner, are more likely to become constructive members of the society in which we live."

Sounds like they're trying to brainwash those kids. The boy's hair isn't even that long, either. :unimpressed:
:iconblue-bird-1494:
Blue-Bird-1494 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
Now that is one screwed up school... :no:

At least the high school I go to isn't so retarded. We have pretty good dress code :nod:
:iconmaruhatesgravity:
MaruHatesGravity Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
I sent Ian Halperin, the dumbshit with the tree up his ass speaking in the article, an e-mail asking if girls with short hair would also be considered distractions because they are not conforming to what's expected of their gender. I also asked if he would suspend them until their hair grew out or make them wear wigs.

What I do at 3 AM: send inane letters to people who are wasting oxygen.
:iconlianotnats:
LiaNotnats Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009
That's actually a pretty productive thing to be doing at 3AM. :thumbsup:
I want his email!
[link] <-- Staff directory. :D Mr. Halperin's e-mail address is there. I couldn't find the principal's email so I went for the next best thing; the asshole defending their ridiculous policy. :lol:
:icontheeclecticeccentric:
TheEclecticEccentric Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
This is why I love my school's policy : "We don't care. Just learn and get good grades, you monsters :meow: "

It also bugs me that people bark that "If it's a school's policy, it MUST be followed". Even if the policy is a joke? It's not a distraction to the kids. It would be different if there were numerous complaints from the students that this child's hair was "distracting", but it's only the administration. They're denying this child, a fucking FOUR YEAR OLD CHILD his education and friends because of their pathetic attempt at control and conformity. With pre-kindergardeners. Wow, real nice :sarcasm:
Why don't they take care of real issues, like school violence/bullying? Or tending to the kids that need help in their work?
THIS EXACTLY.

It's way more distracting to remove a kid from class for some frivolous reason like hair. Unless you accidentally stab more than one person in the eyes with your liberty spikes there shouldn't be a problem. >_>
:icontheeclecticeccentric:
TheEclecticEccentric Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2009
Agreed :nod:
:iconalucard07:
alucard07 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009  Hobbyist Photographer
im glad graduated before all of the uniform and dress code crap came into play. anyways i think its screwed up that they suspended him.
:icontune4jack:
tune4jack Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
"students who dress and groom themselves neatly, and in an acceptable and appropriate manner, are more likely to become constructive members of the society in which we live."

It stuns me to see that people STILL believe shit like this. How the fuck does making yourself look good make you a "constructive" member of society?! I've met plenty of gorgeous-looking twats. These people have got it backwards. Intelligent, constructive people tend to take better care of themselves. Not the other way around. And how is long hair "distracting?" It's not like the other students are mesmerized by the kid's hair. It's HAIR for fuck's sake!

The fact the kid's dad is a tattoo artist REALLY doesn't help, though. I bet if his dad was grief councillor who volunteers at the local food bank, the school would have left the kid alone.

About that school your sister went to: A CATHOLIC school that would REQUIRE a student to have an ABORTION so she can STAY? Setting aside the fact that this TOTALLY goes against the school's religious standpoint, how can a school actually have that as a rule?! "If you get an abortion, you can stay." Hasn't someone challenged the school on this?!
:iconsagethethird:
sagethethird Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
WELL :iconraegplz:

it's not the stupid reason for the boys suspension (a kindergarden student no less :wow:) that's got me pissed, it's the small text you had underneath that's got me wondering if some of these schools should be torn down :no:

Please tell me your sister willingly got expelled! Abortion is SO wrong on SO many levels.

Also, about the kids hair? I'd tell that wench that was trying to explain the policy :iconnouplz: cuz honestly she has hair passed the earlobes too! :noes: oh god that's SUCH a distraction....:| rigghhttt :rofl: lolol

I also love that it says he's donating his hair to locks of life. Way to go kid, You just became the most awesome 4 year old in Texas :dance:

Tl;Dr I completely agree with you
My sister didn't get pregnant... It was just the schools policy.
:iconkiren17:
kiren17 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009   Writer
THIS IS why I'm homeschooled, because of idiot school systems.
:iconphearkiki:
PhearKiki Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
:iconfacepalmplz:
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
Once in Canada a crazy teaching aid cut off the hair on an Aboriginal who was growing it out for a ceremony.

I heard in some countries they will say in their policy that teachers will need to forcibly trim your hair if needed, some people get free hair cuts that way.
:iconstereofidelica:
Stereofidelica Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2009
I heard about that; what a retarded teacher.
Add a Comment: