Going green is sin!

[link]

Actually, that's not surprising considering it's from rapture ready, but really, why do people think it's earth pagan worship to encourage others to plant a tree and recycle? Actually, I think it'd be great if people were to stop littering and put their trash in a garbage can but I guess that's just me being hopeful :/

At least some had the sense to point out that maintenance=/= worship, but really, is it THAT bad to go green every now and then? Or do you think that sitting back and praying will just fix everything?
Comments155
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Personally I'm all for earth day, or rather earth day, every day and I am a Christian. (As a matter of fact I am a big organic person too- I try to grow my own food as does my family) I don't see anything wrong with taking care of the beautiful world around me. Plus, taking of care of the earth benefits not just the earth but everyone else- it's using what we have wisely, how exactly is that wrong. And just for the record, I'm not concerned about the rapture (I'll probably be dead before it ever happens). I am concerned with living my life today.

Just had to put in my two cents. :aww:
LOL just when you though they couldn't get any nuttier.
:O_o:

We're not all like that, you know.
wait? who said it's a sin to go green?

oh jeez i'm going to hell :( i don't wanna go there. theres no Air Conditions
Well, it's said that the smart people are going to hell so they can probably make AC
I hate religious websites.

So much ignorance.
I think we need to radically redefine "worship", because evidentally it means "have a passing interest in the wellbeing of"
Can we disown them as genuine human beings already? I feel . . . defiled sharing the same race as these. :|
Earth Day is part of the environmental/green movement which ultimately is a worship of nature. Christians should have nothing to do with this. That is not to say we should not try to be good stewards, but the environmental movement is ultimately anti-christ.

Wow. Just. Ugh. Out of touch with reality, much?
We need to make a separate reality to put all the fundtards in D:
I've been saying it for quite some time. We need to put the fundies of all religions on a desert island, and put TV cameras there. Best fucking reality show fodder ever.

When I take over the world, in between redecorating Topkapi Palace and accumulating a large harem, I shall have to implement that idea. It'll solve two problems, getting rid of the fundies and entertaining the normal populace. Just imagine it..."This week on Fundy Island, see what happens when Ann Coulter meets Mahmoud Ahmedinejad!"
Only a few minutes before reading this complaint, I had bought a Publix fabric grocery bag. Yeah I think that was totally interesting.
Under that logic, people shouldn't be allowed to take care of themselves either, less they be pagan "self-worshipers." Therefore, those in favor of that argument shouldn't be allowed to eat, thus starving themselves to death and effectively solving that little problem. :p
I dunno. I always read the Genesis account as humans were made to take care of the earth. Yes, one can say "subdue" all they want. But it did NOT say destroy!
It's sin! It's in! Get used to it!
Well we need to know if recycling will fix the unnamed problem you speak of.
Ah, Rapture Ready. The gift that keeps on giving.
Let's these people spend one day at a Philly public transit station and they'll change their minds so fast about cleaning up. :lol:
My Catholic school would disagree with that statement--they are making a huge deal of Earth Week. We had a speaker today talk about Catholicism and saving the Earth I think... but I wasn't there this morning to hear it :)
So is mine. We've captured trees and put them in the lobby. Now they're slowly dying. I asked my friend why we were holding trees captive and she said it was to protect them from people with chainsaws.

I put the idea into her head that we should take a chainsaw to the trees. :lol:
"captured" trees? What, were they trying to run away? :o
Yes. They're handcuffed now. :lol:

No, we have these trees in the lobby that are better suited planted out in the courtyard. Seriously, it's two small shrub trees an a pine tree.
Rapture Ready is a protestant-based site, and most of the crazy-ass evangelicals like to say catholicism isn't christian. But I won't get into that argument.