Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 26

How can I get the best possible out of my Camera?

:iconjulicus12:
Julicus12 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Hello! I do photography as a hobby, well its more just taking pictures and hoping they come out good. I am new at this to say the least. I was wonder what I could do to get the best quality pictures out of my camera by messing with the settings or buying new new lenses etc. But I am new at this and have no idea what I am doing. The pictures come out well if there is enough light but at certain times of the day or in doors the quality is not so good unless all the windows are open. Regular lights make the quality not so great either. This is the specs of my camera if that helps:
Model:KODAK EASYSHARE Z1012 IS Digital Camera
Shutter Speed:1/203 second
Aperture:F/3.6
Focal Length:26 mm
ISO Speed:320
I was wondering if I could ever get the quality of the pictures of this blog with the Camera I have: [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstudio-toffa:
studio-toffa Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2013  Professional Photographer
I would say practice, set the camera for the highest quality file option and get it off full auto. Set the ISO-speed manually and try to keep it as low as possible. Also if you need to get some kind of gear. Get a good quality tripod. Don't get one of those filmsy wobbly crap tripods, but a quality tripod that will hold a dslr. One tripod I can recommend is a Redged RTT-327, and a Vanguard SBH-20 ball head. Remember that a good tripod will follow as you progress in your photography, and the tripod set-up I've given you here will also hold a consumer DSLR like a Nikon D3200.
Tripod Legs:
[link]
Tripod head:
[link]
When you fell you've outgrown your present camera, go for a good DSLR. But if you want to be serious with your photographic hobby, then I don't there's no way besides a good DSLR, and a good kit lens for start.
:iconoutback-art:
OutBack-Art Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2013  Professional Photographer
Eww the Kodak. =P I've used that one before I went to a DSLR, and I got to say.........Never mind. But just like what `FallisPhoto said do what he said 100%.
Julicus12 Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I plan on getting a new camera in the near future but I might as well get some use out of it till my budget lets me get a new one haha.
:iconoutback-art:
OutBack-Art Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2013  Professional Photographer
Yeah do that, that will help you a lot. :D
:iconjordan-roberts:
Jordan-Roberts Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Professional Photographer
Man I'm surprised nobody's mentioned it yet, but I would have to say practice.
:iconvalentinawhite:
ValentinaWhite Featured By Owner Mar 6, 2013  Student Photographer
Hi!
I don't have any particular advice to give, altough I think practice is the best way to achieve a certain quality and improve your skills.

I reckon you have the right attitude about it(which is basically mine, too XD): " it's more just taking pictures and hoping they come out good" - just know that I'm going to quote this forever.
Julicus12 Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
:)
:iconbethcole95:
BethCole95 Featured By Owner Mar 6, 2013  Student General Artist
I had the same problem when I started but honestly yes it's practice that makes things better. Just play around with the iso, shutter speed and aperture in different light settings until you find the best for all (write down each as you go along. e.g if you find that a certain shutter speed works well for a certain setting write down the info and note what photo it was)
:iconmusksnipe:
musksnipe Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Everyone here gave great advice, two of the last three, gave the best, practice.
I'm also an amateur, who basically hopes for a good picture.
I have gone into manual. Actually, only shooting on manual now. It's not easy. Every shot needs new input from you, Exposure, focus, aperture, and framing. That's a lot to think about, when you just want to shoot that little puppy, quickly. (And don't forget about white balance, ISO, bracketing, etc)
I practiced, most of the winter. Not sure if I learned anything, because we had a dark, cloudy winter. I got a lot of noise.
Once I can sit outside, without freezing, I plan on taking a series of shots, of the same subject, using all of the different manual settings. I also plan on taking notes of each shots settings, so I can figure out how to take a picture, a certain way.
Good luck.
BTW I had an EasyShare z12 IS. It took fine pictures. [link]
Add a Comment: