Closed to new replies
February 21, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 72

Sold any Prints?

:iconsarlaz:
sarlaz Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Student General Artist
I was just wondering but how many of you photographers have actually sold a print of your photographs on DA? For that matter how common is it to sell any print here? Is it really rare? or does it happen? (I hope I'm posting this in the right place but since I'm asking about photographs I guess I am...maybe?)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbethcole95:
BethCole95 Featured By Owner Mar 6, 2013  Student General Artist
I haven' tried but from my research I've found its quite hard to sell stuff on here unless your page is highly popular even so it's pretty rare...
:iconlokolobo88:
Lokolobo88 Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Been here around 3 years, haven't sold a thing.
:iconldfranklin:
LDFranklin Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I typically sell a print every 1-3 months on average. Some times I sell several prints in one month. Other times I go quite a few months without a print sale.
sarlaz Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Wow from what I've seen from other people your doing really well. Do you advertise or something?
Nope. I have no idea how people are finding my prints or who is buying them.

I do have a system where I only submit prints of popular images. I set a :+fav: limit, so only deviations that get at least a certain number of :+fav:s get submitted as prints. And I do this on the 1st of every month. I go through my gallery and everything that has at least that many :+fav:s I submit as a print.

I guess I figure if not a lot of people are bothering to :+fav: a piece of my work, then there's not a good chance it will sell as a print.
I looked through some of your prints/photos. I think whats helping you is the fact that your awesome.XD Your pictures are different from what we normally see in average photos. I would love to do that blurring thing you got going but I don't know if my camera can do it. It is a camera trick right?
Awww, thank you so much!!!

It's actually a special lens that gives the blur! It's called a Lensbaby and you can actually bend the lens and push it and pull it to give different blur effects! You can learn more about these lenses on their website [link]
Cool I'll have a look.=)
:iconalpoarts:
AlpoArts Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013   Traditional Artist
I've only sold one and it was to someone I knew.
:iconsarah-bk:
Sarah-BK Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Made a print of one of my photos available to get a print of it for myself as a prize for a contest, as whilst being there someone bought a print of it :) Don't know who though... :/

I don't try too hard to have them available though...
Add a Comment: