Closed to new replies
February 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Critique my portfolio

:iconsokolovic1987:
sokolovic1987 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Admins, if this is the wrong place please instead of deleting it can't you move it to where it belongs?

anyway can you all give constructive criticisms on my portfolio?

[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

sokolovic1987 Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Ok so I updated, can I get a yay or nay for steps in the right direction?
Thank you for the suggestions. The reason its so few photos is because they are the ones I have that I would put in there. I do have more but they just don't seem to pop well when side by side with these photos on here. The b&w is due to equipment issues in low light in regards to noise. An e300 is NOT a pro tool but I can make due until I get the body and glass I really want.

Deliquesce-Flux, do you make money at the band photography? If so how exactly? can you note me how to get started with the $$$ part?
:icondeliquesce-flux:
Deliquesce-Flux Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Professional Photographer
I do band photography as well! Ahem, anyways, what I've noticed about band photography is that musicians are quite drawn to color. It's good to have black and whites, but what you really want is to mingle color into there as well! Provide more examples, and a variety of instruments, you definitely want to throw in a drummer in there, the guitarist, a bassist, etc, not just the front man. The three you have look good, but add more!

Your portraits are nice as well, but the arrangement isn't very eye catching. Add more examples and, again, scramble some color in there! If you're looking to get hired, you have to catch the audience's attention.

The landscapes page is absolutely fantastic, my favorite of the pages. Gets my attention right from the beginning, and I want to scroll through and look at more.

Hope that helps a bit :)
:iconkeepitoriginal:
KeepItOriginal Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
Needs more pictures, and some colours. Black and white is nice, all photographers think so, but if you want to sell then you'll have to prove that you also can do colours. ".webbly.com" isn't very sexy nor professional to have in the URL, so do get rid of it. But the pictures were nice, but to few for me to decide if i would hire you for a shoot.
I know, my wife won't let me buy my domain until I get money rolling in with this.
Add a Comment: