Closed to new replies
February 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Any GiMP users out there?

:iconpandagirl1029:
Pandagirl1029 Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have recently started looking into using GiMP to edit my photographs but I haven't the slightest clue on how to use it. Any tips or reading suggestions on how to use it would be helpful.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbethcole95:
BethCole95 Featured By Owner Mar 6, 2013  Student General Artist
YES. I used it before getting photoshop (mine crashed quite a lot) but it was really good for a free programme, I recommend using google and youtube for gimp tutorials, following all steps etc, even if the tutorial doesn't interest you, you will pick up things along the process.
:iconmastergimper:
MasterGimper Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
<--- here i am Gimp manipulator ;)
better you look in youtobe
:iconmylifeinfocus:
MyLifeInFocus Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
InfiniteHeart gave you a great tutorial (too long for me to read :P) but that brings the problem, there's a MASSIVE amount of stuff you can do in GIMP with photos so I would have to say you'll have to be more specific to what you're trying to accomplish. Are you editing RAW photos and wondering about that or is there something specific you're trying to do to one photo?
:iconpejuko:
pejuko Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
:iconphogan315:
phogan315 Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sorry no. I use either photoshop, portrait professional or picasa3. Picasa is free. Just google it. It has lots of cool effects.

I am not very good at using Photoshop or PP.
:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013   General Artist
#GIMP-Tutorials Show Images

Show Images

Show Images

Show Images

Show Images

Show Images

Show Images

Show Images
Yes, I realise that I included some painting tutorials, but you might want to branch out! :la:
Add a Comment: