Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
February 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Help needed with portfolio for new job :)

:iconcubisticnebular:
cubisticnebular Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Professional Photographer
This is one of the requirements,
"five images that have been re-sized to 700 on the longest side and then save as a jpeg to a quality of 7 or 8."

I use photoshop cs 5 and any help with be extreamly helpful

many thank
zoey x

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconoshsan:
oshsan Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
Not sure, what are you struggling with, but I'll try to help if I can.
Resizing a picture is a simple task. Just set the longer side of the pic to 700px and keep it proportional. You might want to crop it before you resize it, if it's a long/wide image. It can be done with most photo editors, including PS5.
When it comes to saving quality, I'm sure you can do it with PS5 too. When you done resizing your picture, hit 'Save as...', choose JPEG format and look for 'advanced' button somewhere. There should be an option to choose quality. AFAIR, 7 is a regular option, to keep good quality and maintain decent file size.
Hope that helps :)
cubisticnebular Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Photographer
that helps alot, will try it once children in bed and if i have any trouble can i message u? iv managed to resize the pic my bf (whos never used any photoshop) managed to work it out lol
oshsan Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Oh, and also well done! for getting those great pictures without PS, I thought you were editing them :)
Or perhaps you did, but somehow else? Idk much much about photography, but a bit about PS as I used to do some basic editing of so called 'digital art' ;)
cubisticnebular Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Professional Photographer
thank you :)a lot of them are unedited and the ones I did edit were using a picnic or picas :) just changing the brightness a biit :)im crap with photoshop lol still having trouble with this saving to a 7 or 8 thingy might do a course or something lol
Yeah sure, I'm no PS expert, but played with it a bit, so I'll help you if I can. Keep in mind that I don't have one any more :p
cubisticnebular Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Professional Photographer
aww :) thank you very much still just stuck on this saving to a quality of 7 or 8 thou lol
Well, that's not a problem :)
Try this, should help you out: [link]
cubisticnebular Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Professional Photographer
thanks I shall give that a read :)
:icondelahkel:
Delahkel Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Student Photographer
I don't have Photoshop on this computer, so I'm not sure of the terms, but it should be under image-> image size
cubisticnebular Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Photographer
thank you found it lol :)
Add a Comment: