January 30, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Non-Digital Point-and-shoot camera?

:iconr0man-de:
r0man-de Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Hey there,

does someone know a solid and cheap point and shoot camera (for parties)?
At the moment I'm looking for a Rollei XF35 (~$20 - ebay) - it has a nice lens (1:2.3) but maybe an internal flash would be better, especially for dimmed light?

Thanks in advance!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
at this point, I'd be hesitant on wasting 35mm film on a point and shoot. I do not see the advantage over digital in this arena.
:iconr0man-de:
r0man-de Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Thanks,

I already have a Yashica 35 Electro ;)
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013

The Rollie is a good camera, and you don't want an internal flash. If you need a flash, get something you can take off of the camera and bounce off of the ceiling or a wall or something like a reflector. The internal flash on any camera that has one is ONLY meant to be used for fill lighting on clear days when the light from the sun is harsh and is giving you really dark shadows. If you try to use it for a main light source, the results will be horrible. Everyone will look like those stand-up cardboard cut-out figures. One problem: that f/2.3 lens is not very bright and if you are using it indoors, you will probably get some photos with motion blur. It's really an outdoor/daylight camera.

That said, for most people photography (especially groups) you would probably do better with a rangefinder. If you want something easy to use, the Yashica Electro 35 GSN, the Canon GIII QL-17, and the Minolta Hi-Matic 7s are all good, have autoexposure options and have much better lenses for photography in lower light (f/1.7 and f/1.8 ). You'll be slightly more involved in the photo-making process (you will have to focus, but that's easy with a rangefinder).

:iconphotomark:
photomark Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
There are many P&S film cameras and many of them where of excellent quality but it has been so long since I have used them I am not sure on what is best or available .

As Xcetera stated it will be worth a trip to you r local pawn shop or secondhand dealer.

Alternatively eBay may be your best bet.

Depends on what you need , focus free or auto focus , maybe a rangefinder type would better .
:iconxcetera:
Xcetera Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Professional Photographer
You could just take a walk down to any second hand store and pick out a few there for really ridiculously cheap and test them out.
Add a Comment: