January 30, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32

Choosing Lens - help

:iconivanka-a:
ivanka-a Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have a Sony Nex 5-NK camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens
Currently, I'm looking for a lens to do more powerful macro photography...something like [link] [link] and [link]

So far I'm looking at two lenses that are both compatible to my camera [link] and [link]

But I don't know which is better....(for photos that I want to do) Or maybe theres other lens that I haven't seen so far?

Also, could those lens be compatible with other cameras? (In the future, I'd like to get a better camera)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmylifeinfocus:
MyLifeInFocus Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
The 50 1.8 is not actually a macro lens, it won't give you true macro but I wouldn't be surprised if you can something close to the second photo ([link]).
The 100 2.8 is actually designed for Sony Alpha DSLRs/SLTs if I'm not mistaken, you could get an adapter but what you may want to take a look at is this: [link]
I believe it's the only Nex macro lens and does offer 1:1 magnification. The focal length and aperture are different from most macro lenses I've seen but you may want to check it out.
ivanka-a Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ok....and it says that the 100 2.8 is compatible with my camera...but it still needs an adapter, right? (are...they expensive..? O.O) And I would like a higher aperture lens...
MyLifeInFocus Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Sorry it's so late.

I believe the lens is designed for A mount Sony cameras, so is it designed for the Nex? No, is it compatible? Yes, with an adapter you'd be able to use it.

At 100mm and F/2.8 DOF/Bokeh is a non-issue. Have you decided yet?
ivanka-a Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thats alright ^^" And I decided to invest and buy an adapter after all with the lens. Do you have any adaptors you would recommend? (sorry ^^;)
MyLifeInFocus Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Also, I really don't mind questions I love to get them from people that will listen (which you are ;)) so don't worry about it ask as many as you like!

And for an adapter it's hard to say, but honestly despite the expense you may shoot for the Sony adapter itself (Sony Alpha LAEA1: [link]) not to be an OEM fanboy but why not get what the manufacturer designed, considering you're getting a simple piece of equipment yet if it doesn't work you're...well, screwed :P

However, that being said, it's many times more expensive than third party adapters I simply don't know how well they will work.

Doing a search on Amazon or Google like 'Sony Alpha to Nex Adapter' will turn up many results, I have little experience with adapters so I cannot for sure tell you but that's what I'd say :)
ivanka-a Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
XD thats good then~ And I think I might check out some adapters at a camera store first (try and see if they'll let me try them on my camera) if not, then I will invest in that one, to be on the safe side. (I don't trust third party companies much)
MyLifeInFocus Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Ha yup :D

And yea that's an excellent plan, I am not comfortable recommending a third party adapter with no experience as you have a chance to mess the mount of the camera or lens up, but if you try it out you should be good :D
ivanka-a Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
^^~
(1 Reply)
:iconshoppingmonk:
ShoppingMonk Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
nice
ivanka-a Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
..nice..?
Add a Comment: