Closed to new replies
January 29, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 20

Photography-related Quotations

:iconragnaice:
ragnaice Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hi all, I'm doing a project at school where I'm supposed to make a website and I decided that mine should be about photography. I wanted one page of quotations about photography and photographers. It can be some helpful advice or just something witty. A joke or a riddle for all I care. But preferably with a known author, rather than some obscure word of mouth.

By that I don't necessarily mean it must be from famous people. If you come up with something yourselves I don't need your real names, I could just link back to your dA profile through your usernames.

Got anything? I'd really appreciate it if you could help :) Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013

"Expose for the shadows, develop for the highlights." - Ansel Adams

"Ultimately, my hope is to amaze myself. The anticipation of discovering new possibilities becomes my greatest joy." - Jerry Uelsmann

"I have gradually confused photography with life." - Jerry Uelsmann

"You don't take a photograph, you make it." - Ansel Adams

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer." - Ansel Adams

"Ultimately success or failure in photographing people depends on the photographer's ability to understand his fellow man." - Edward Weston

"The photographer’s most important and likewise most difficult task is not learning to manage his camera, or to develop, or to print. It is learning to see photographically – that is, learning to see his subject matter in terms of the capacities of his tools and processes, so that he can instantaneously translate the elements and values in a scene before him into the photograph he wants to make." - Edward Weston

"The nude is to the artist, what love is to the poet." - Me

ragnaice Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanks a lot! I've heard that name Ansel Adams often but not the others, I'll have to read up on them and I need to think about your words as well.
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
You're welcome.
:iconyouraddhere:
YourAddHere Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow. – Imogen Cunningham
ragnaice Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Great! That's deep :meditation:
:iconvalentinawhite:
ValentinaWhite Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student Photographer
Maybe it's not the kind of thing you're looking for, but here it is:

“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" – Henri Cartier-Bresson

... Personally, as a noob, this phrase makes me feel loads better, LOL.
Thanks. I think I've heard this one before. Not sure I agree with it though. Or maybe it's deliberately skipping the next part: "And after that when you've taken one good photograph, you take another 10.000 shitty ones..." =P
:iconvalentinawhite:
ValentinaWhite Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Student Photographer
LOOOL XD you just made my day, it's so true!
:iconsmilejustbcuz:
smilejustbcuz Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
"Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out just take another shot!" ~ No idea, but I'm thinking it's well known! :D
Oooh, that's brilliant! I tried digging around for the origin of this but haven't found anything but everyone and their grandmothers are using it...I think I'll use it too :D
Add a Comment: