Closed to new replies
January 27, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Should I get this camera?

:iconmachinegunlola:
MachineGunLola Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I found this camera in a magazine, for payments of $30 a month.
I can pay that.

I've seen a few pictures it's taken, and they look pretty nice.
But I don't want to buy it and then not like it.
So I'm asking the other photographers on this site.

Now, keep in mind, I'm poor, and I am an amatuer photographer. I don't expect to be famous for it, or anything.
But I enjoy it, and I would love to get some clear, beautiful pictures. I especially like the zoom- so it can show more details.

Please let me know what you think, either here, or in a PM.

Here's the link to the camera.
[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconoboeplum:
Oboeplum Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I use a camera very similar to that (possibly the same model) It's good, but that's pretty damn overpriced
:iconfullcircleltd:
fullcircleltd Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
Hello Friends,

I want to buy new HD camera for my work can you suggest me best camera.
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
Sorry, but it's not a very good camera camera, and it is very much overpriced. B&H has it for $129. It is not a DSLR; it's a bridge camera (a camera with a fixed lens that is a kind of cross between a compact and a DSLR. Think of a compact camera that looks like a DSLR, but with very few of the advantages. Then the 30x lens you are going to be stuck with is a "super zoom," which is always a huge red flag (usually, they are not very sharp at all). On the positive side, you will be able to use lens filters with it. I'd be willing to bet that the photos you've seen taken with it were on a video monitor, with only a little over 3mp resolution (the most a computer monitor can show), and they have probably had the utter hell photoshopped out of them. I'd pass this one up.
Thank you! I'll look around. ^^
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
If you're looking for a DSLR, I'd check out the entry level cameras form Canon, Nikon and Pentax. If you're looking for a good compact, I'd be looking at Canons and Sonys. Those will give you the most bang for your buck. I'd leave the bridge cameras alone, because a good compact will do almost everything they will (except use lens filters) and many of them will take higher quality photos.
:iconhedwards:
hedwards Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
I agree with FallisPhoto on this. I've got a Superzoom bridge from Canon, the sx40hs, it's actually a pretty nice camera in general, but it does suffer a bit for being a super zoom. I'm happy with it, but I was more concerned with flexibility than ultimate image quality.

BTW, that one will only run you $299 and is a decent choice if you're wanting to learn. But, getting a shorter zoom would likely improve the image quality and lens speed.
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013

"BTW, that one will only run you $299..."

B&H has the same camera for $129.  

:iconhedwards:
hedwards Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
That's my bad, I looked a couple weeks ago. That shouldn't surprise me, seeing as the sx50hs just came out and it's probably on clearance right now.
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Student Photographer
that camera is 400 dollars. if there is anyway you could save an extra 200-250 dollars I think you would be much happier with a brand new nikon or canon DSLR. in the long run you would be happier too.
Thank you so much! I'll have to look around for a while. ^^
Add a Comment: