January 25, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

Does ANYONE still use FILM?

:iconkmnfive:
kmnfive Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Just curious/

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjsvn:
Jsvn Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
I love using film. I would far prefer to use it. Results in terms of colours, depth, clarity, all so much better. And you can scan prints in and then have all the flexibility of digital, no? However, I don't use film because I have no money, no job, pfft. It costs almost 10 to process 36 prints in the shop here, and I don't have any space or knowledge or money to set up a darkroom.
:icontanyavolt:
tanyavolt Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Photographer
Yes. I've actually *started* using film more (as opposed to people who say they *still* use it) :)
Just recently got into medium format photography and shot my first few rolls of 120mm film.

I began using 35mm cameras for candid stuff, but have recently bought some more professional quality films (such as Portra or Ilford Delta) and have been using them for my professional shoots.
I own nearly 10 film cameras personally as I've started collecting them, and my boyfriend owns about 20 himself that I can borrow. :)
:iconibsenthun:
IbsenThun Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
I still use it, both for my own reasons and professionally. That also includes motion picture. Please, have a look at my gallery. Most stuff you can see there are all analogue. Even my profilepicture. I just looooove film!
It's the four-lettered word that matters!
:iconcantpickaname735:
CantPickaName735 Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student General Artist
I do. I love being in the darkroom, and using film. I like digital too, and working in photoshop with the files, but it isn't the same.
There is just something different about the medium. I have to be so much more careful of what I take, that often I get better shots on my film than on my digital!
I hope I never have to stop using film. I find it very peaceful, to be in the darkroom working. I get to think, and really enjoy what I'm doing.
One of my favorite parts is watching the image appear in the developer.
<3
:iconxladycinnamonx:
xLadyCinnamonx Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I still use film.

On another note, could you guys check out my group? It's all about photography and I'm trying to promote it :) the link is in my signature. I would really appreciate it :D
:iconibsenthun:
IbsenThun Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
It sadly says I cannot join your group as it does not accept join-requests...
:iconxladycinnamonx:
xLadyCinnamonx Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
That is really strange, I don't know why it would do that. I'll see if I can figure it out. I sent you an invite though ;)
:iconeternalfallacy:
EternalFallacy Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
film *
:iconeternalfallacy:
EternalFallacy Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Yes, you'd be surprised how many deviantart members still use fil PROFESSIONALLY.
:iconmclandis:
Mclandis Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Still shooting TRI-X 400 and whatever other B&W films I can get my hands on.
Add a Comment: