Closed to new replies
January 19, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Lighting equipment. Calumet/Bowen Travelite

:icondysthymic-bliss:
Dysthymic-Bliss Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Hi all. I recently inherited a bunch of photograph equipment from my uncle. I'm trying to figure out if these lights are new or old. And even just how to use them.

They are a Travelite 750 CE-1000 and a Travelite 375 CE-1010.

I tried googling them, to no avail. I guess they are not the latest model, so the Calumet site is no help either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling these are awesome, and being able to set up a studio would be amazing.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Photographer
Found a couple of the 750 models for sale on eBay, and judging by the pictures, it looks as though you set a general power range with one control (the one marked in fractions), then use the other control for fine-tuning as needed. I’m not sure where the test button is, though, but you could probably test-fire them if you have a camera with a built-in flash. They have slaves.

Have you used studio strobes before?
:icondysthymic-bliss:
Dysthymic-Bliss Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
No, I'm new to studio gear. I've been going to shoots the past couple weeks so I'm getting my barrings. Still haven't set these up.

Thanks for the help :)
:iconeyeballman:
eyeballman Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
The "test" button is for use with a flash meter. I allows you to fire the heads without having to actuate the camera shutter...
:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Photographer
And also to make sure that it is actually firing, of course. Do you know if there is one on these strobes? I’m not familiar with them.
:iconeyeballman:
eyeballman Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
Couldn't say. I'm a Hensel user, myself.
Add a Comment: