Closed to new replies
January 19, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Going to portugal - Algarve, need help in interesting places to shoot

:icondesignenigma:
DesignEnigma Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Hi all, I am going to Portugal in May and I am looking for places to go with my camera, I don't care if its been done a million times before I just want to get a chance to shoot Portugal in the best way I can.

We have a hire car so traveling within a fair distance is not a problem, I would love some local or past experiance input plase

Mike

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconzugo:
Zugo Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Sorry about double posting....
# Cabanas de Tavira, is a huge local fishermans beach ( you have to cross a river by foot or boat ) with a lovely Night for you to go out... Also this local is vey famous, here you can see why: [link]
# Ilha de Tavira and Tavira ( Tavira's Island ) also a lovely place to visit..
# Vilamoura's boat cruise, this is a must also.. google it on the internet...
# Albufeira, well this is provably the best well known place for turists to hang out, some lovely beaches maybe a bit crowd in those main summer days, also as one of the best nights in Algarve!!!
# Castelo Castro Marim (Castro Marim's Castle) an old castle surrounded by a lovely typical Algarve village.
# Some Famous Beaches: Amoreira, Arrifana, Fuseta, Praia da Luz, Manta Rota, Armação de Pêra, Monte Gordo, Vilamoura, Praia do Vau, Praia das Furnas, Praia verde, Prainha, Praia d'olhos de água, Albufeira etc...
# Other beautiful famous places: Lagoa dos Salgados ([link]), Pego do Inferno ([link]), Lagos, Loulé, Portimão (Lovely Night), S. Brás de Alportel, Olhão... and many more.
# Check this youtube User's page: [link] ( most of the trails are free to use )
# If you have any mobile phone with GPS ( Android ) try this app: [link] It comes in Portuguese but also has english and other languages... it's the best Portuguese GPS App for free.
# If you can, be sure to visit Alentejo's coastline to, for me its far better than Algarve, because it's much more calm and "desert" for me... Odeceixe, Vila Nova de Mil Fontes, Almograve, Porto Covo, Troia, Cabo Sardão... are some of these beautiful places...
# Stay safe, Portugal it's secure but this does not mean you should carry 1000€ in your pocket... careful when buying any kinda of stuff in the steet, such as event promotions, or tickets to somewhere, drugs etc... Not advised to buy these anywhere... look for local turism posts for free maps and advices, etc..
I'm not from Algarve.. i'm from Lisbon... if you need to know anything else.. just shoot...
Have Fun!!!
:icondesignenigma:
DesignEnigma Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
what a great reply! thank you so much for taking the time to do this!!
:iconzugo:
Zugo Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Hi there!!! Portugal as a huge coast with some beautiful places for you to photograph... If you going to Algarve i can point you some interesting places for you to go and take the best of it... I will name them with no specific order:
# Cabo de São Vicente (Saint Vincent Cape), a bit windy but as some big potential to photography.. Just google it.. ;)
Add a Comment: