January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

How to take self pics?

:iconakarenina:
akarenina Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Photographer
I dont have a remote, so its only self timer,
and what mode do I set it to take pics, refer to my already taken pictures, to suggest please.
Much love :*

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Photographer
And set your camera to either manual or aperture-priority (Av), and manual focus.
And set your camera to either manual or aperture-priority (Av), and manual focus.
You don’t need a remote. What you need is a piece of string, a chair and a sharpie. Assuming you’re using a tripod, tie one end of the string to the tripod just under the camera. Now place the chair roughly where you plan to be. Manually focus the camera on a definite point on the chair (the back, one of the legs, a corner, whatever). Pull the loose end of the string out taut and hold it to the point that you’ve previously focused on. Mark that point on the string with the sharpie. Move the chair. Make sure that the self-timer is on and press the shutter button. Get into place. Hold the string with the point marked in black ink up to your eye and make sure it stays taut (you may find you’ll need to move slightly back or forwards until your eye is right at the plane of focus). Drop the string before the timer runs out.

If you shoot at a distance of 3-4 feet from the camera and use at least f/8 as your aperture, that should give you a little extra leeway in terms of focus, due to the increased depth of field. If you’re shooting wide open at f/1.8 or so, that margin of error is going to be razor thin. Not to say that you can’t do a self-portrait wide open, but you may have to try it a few dozen times to get it right. Delete the obviously bad ones, but keep the rest to check focus on the computer afterwards. If you can shoot tethered, you can check focus much quicker.

That’s how I did my avatar.
:iconlaciemelhart:
LacieMelhart Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Photographer
1.) Buy a remote, they're not that expensive and well worth the investment.

2.) I only see three photos in your gallery which are highly edited photos of your breasts so I'm not really sure what you want us to judge. I'm not sure if you genuinely need help or if you're just trying to build your audience by your bewb selfies.
Add a Comment: