Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 41

New to photography! ^^

:iconfizz-fotos:
Fizz-Fotos Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
New to photography sort of.. I'm only doing it for fun, and have only 1 picture up at the moment, but maybe I'd like to go somewhere with it after all, I love taking photos of everything and every thing!

Technically I have 2 pictures up, but one of them was a sort of test and is no good..

Could some people please check out my profile, give me handy tips and advice etc? <3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpinoycybershop:
pinoycybershop Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
very informative. www.pinoycybershop.com
:iconalbertcotter:
AlbertCotter Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
I'm also new to photography.

I was telling in other thread that my friend's photography inspired my a lot and pushed me in this field to make my mind busy in free time.

I have also done some painting work, but won't upload it here unless and until I check it with my friend who is quite expert at it. Lets see what he has to say about it. I'm hoping for positive comments from him :)

[link]
:iconraining-insanity:
Raining-Insanity Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Not bad. I like the star lamp thingy. Although you could have boost up contrast a little on it.
Maaaaaaassive number of tutorials are on the internet. But first you have to get to know your camera and how it works.
After that try Digital Photography School site and forums: [link] , [link] .
:iconalana-lyn:
Alana-Lyn Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I am actually not a good photographer, having only just started learning the basics recently, but I recommend looking up the rules like "mergers" and the different perspectives.
:iconalana-lyn:
Alana-Lyn Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Also remember to not cut off body parts if you're taking full body images. If you're taking a partial body shot make sure cut offs look intentional.
:icontuftedpuffin:
tuftedpuffin Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Let me guess: you bought a camera and figure that automatically makes you a photograher? Good luck.
:iconlaciemelhart:
LacieMelhart Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Photographer
We all started somewhere, cool your jets Sparky.
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Actually, it does. Buying a camera and using it does make her a photographer, at least technically. It just doesn't make her a good photographer or a professional photographer.
:iconfizz-fotos:
Fizz-Fotos Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
What? Aha no of course not! I wouldn't consider myself a photographer until I was good enough to make money and a living off my photos alone~
:iconsecondclaw:
secondclaw Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
I don't think that's what defines a photographer. I know a few that are very good but will probably not be able to make money off it. As the time of film cameras waned and digital cameras exploded, photography became more accessible to people, and the art became more of a commodity (at least in people's perceptions). You can no longer just be good, you have to be amazing (and lucky) to make it in the industry. A photographer is an artist, not an entrepreneur - though it is possible for the two to become one. I consider myself an OK photographer, at least in my subject area - and have not made a cent off the photos in the 15 years I've been doing it as a hobby. It allows me freedom to explore the art without pressure of commissions and deliverable.

Previous poster was right - technically anyone with a camera is a photographer. A good photographer, however, is an artist, not a technician.
Add a Comment: