Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Did you enter the "Sony World Phtography Awards"?

:iconleavethegreen:
leavethegreen Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Did you enter the Sony World Photography Awards? And if yes then in which competition did you participate? I choose to participate to the "Youth Award". If you want you can also post your entry photos here to share them with other people and give then an opportunity to inspire!
My entry is this:
[link]

[link]

[link]

What do you think? Let's share our entries and comment on each other's entry! Let's inspire each other! That's what photography is all about; inspire people and give them some lessons!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconericad218:
EricaD218 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Photographer
Sadly I didn't stumble upon the contest until today:/
I'm looking for some decent ones, are there any others?
I know there are, but for me it's been difficult especially since I am 16...not 18...
Best of luck to everyone who entered!
leavethegreen Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
There are many competition for people <18. You just have to search. I'm only 16 ;)
EricaD218 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Student Photographer
Gah...work(kidding)
:icongeorgewjohnson:
georgewjohnson Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I signed up to Photo Competitions Network, haven't entered that many but it's always actively listing them.

==> [link]
EricaD218 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Photographer
:) thank you
:icongeorgewjohnson:
georgewjohnson Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
When I see it open I think to myself, "Maybe, I should?". Then I take one look at the winners and runners up from the previous year, realise I don't have a snowball in Hell's chance of even getting past the first round and tell myself, "Maybe next year when my stuff improves!".

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
leavethegreen Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Nah. It's not all about winning! You just enter a competition in order to get more experience and that will make you to improve!
:iconrockthesky:
rockTheSky Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
"It's not all about winning"

Said no highly successful person ever.
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Actually most competitions don't. Most people enter photos in most competitions that they have already taken. How you do in the competition does not make you improve because you are submitting work you might have done ten years ago. For instance, if I were entering this, I'd probably tweak and submit a certain photo I took back in 1998, because it already won some awards and it would have the best chance of winning. Now if they assigned you a subject to take photos of, and did not accept your old photos, that might help you improve.
leavethegreen Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
In those competition you have to submit photos of the same year eg for the WPO Competitions (which ended on 4/1/2013) you have to enter photos of 2012.
Add a Comment: