Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Nikon D200, HELP!

:iconheyylisa:
HeyyLisa Jan 4, 2013
My friend is letting me borrow his Nikon D200 for my birthday in 2 days, he left and has no phone and I won't see him until After the party. I have never used a DSLR before and I have NO IDEA how to use this haha. I just need some VERY basic knowledge. Like... where does the memory card go? It seems zoomed in, how do I zoom? Please Help! THANK YOU SO MUCH

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconyenneferx:
Yenneferx Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
It's not so easy DSLR it's a bit more advanced DSLR:)
Look in the user's manual, but if you will have a automatic program (you will have "P" in the right top corner, like on the site 18) it won't be so dificult to take a photo. When you learn the basic then you can try to discover next options:)

Check what kind of the lens you have, zoom or not, and what kind, you have all information write on it. For example (50mm 1:2.8) or (10-20mm 1:4-5.6) then you will know what kind of photos will go the best, for example for macro photos you need special lens, because normal lens you can not do photos from so close.

Read, try, everything will be ok:) (I hope)
:iconsillyconguru:
The memory card goes in on the right-hand side of the camera, there is a small lever on the rear with a 'Pac-Man' type image by it; flick this lever and the memory card door will open.

Check that the camera is in 'P' mode; if it isn't, press & hold the 'Mode' button on the top-right of the camera whilst rotating the rear command wheel until 'P' shows in the top LCD. Check that the camera's AF is set to 'S', this is selected by the small knob on the left side of the lens mount (near the camera's base). If you want to use the flash, press the button on the left side of the prism to pop it up. The AF selection mode is also a small lever on the rear, 'closest subject priority' using all AF points is (IIRC) the white rectangle.

Depending on what lens is fitted (it might be a prime so it won't zoom), the zoom is used by rotating a ring on the lens; this ring will have numbers on it (i.e. 18, 24, 35, etc).

The user manual that ~Svenler linked to should tell you anything else you need to know, but it might be daunting to read.
:iconsvenler:
Svenler Jan 4, 2013  Professional Photographer
D200 User's Manual: [link]

Enjoy.
:iconhergashididslash:
HerGashiDidSlash Jan 5, 2013  Student Photographer
aw, was too late
:iconrockthesky:
rockTheSky Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
This.

I love posts like this.
Add a Comment: