Closed to new replies
January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Shrinking pictures

:iconremh1986:
remh1986 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I want to use a picture I have draw as a profile/background pic for my Facebook and Twitter accounts. But when I try to upload it there's always a message warning me the picture is too big. Happens when I try to upload pictures I've taken as well.

Can anyone tell me how to shrink the size of a picture if possible?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrcooper102:
rcooper102 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
If you don't have an image editing program just use splashup ([link]) it is free and browser based.

File -> open -> desired image
Image - > image size (make sure to click "constrain" so you don't warp it)
File -> save image

Also if you need to crop it there is a crop tool in the "tools palette"
:iconlaciemelhart:
LacieMelhart Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Photographer
there's always google for questions like this, especially when you're not listing the program you're using.
:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Photographer
In Photoshop, Image > Image Size.... I don’t know GIMP, but I suspect there’s a similar command. Picasa will also do it, and there are probably hundreds of smaller apps that can do the same thing. If you’re using a Mac, head to MacUpdate and do a search for image editing software. I’d be very surprised if there weren’t at least a half dozen similar websites for Windows, Linux and Android software.

Most websites prefer images that are under 1MB in file size for background images, and many prefer images in the 50-100KB range for user icons. dA, for instance, uses a 50 pixel by 50 pixel size for user icons, which you can easily make under 10KB.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013   Digital Artist
You're going to need to acquire a shrink ray, preferably one that runs from a standard wall socket.
Then you're going to shrink down your image, then take a picture of you're smaller picture.

Protip: I helps if you also shrink the camera down first, that way everything is tiny.
:iconlaciemelhart:
LacieMelhart Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Photographer
I got my Shrink Ray at JC Penny.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Pick your favorite image editor, then scale the image down
Add a Comment: