Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Just starting out with my Photography Buisness!

:iconty170:
Ty170 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Hi fellow Deviants, as my first step into the official world of photography I've created a Facebook page and i'm trying to gain support and get likes on the page to help promote my work, I'd love for you guys to check it out and "like" it, it would help so much. Any comments or feedback would be great to. Thanks so much everyone. (:

[link]

Above is the link to my Facebook page(:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrcooper102:
rcooper102 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Go read Gary Phong's book. It is VERY helpful for a photographer just getting started: [link]
:iconlaciemelhart:
LacieMelhart Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional Photographer
You need to know your target audience and cater to them. Your target audience are your potential clients - I'm not saying do it for free, but offer deals over holidays. Let everyone you know that you do photography, get business cards too. I never generated any interest online but as soon as I told people face to face, they instantly were interested in what I had to offer. Word of mouth is your best friend but if you're not careful it can be your undoing. If you've never worked retail I suggest you do for at least six months to a year so you're use to crazy people wanting all sorts of weird requests because it will happen.
:iconskankinmike:
SkankinMike Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
What exactly are you promoting yourself as? Putting "As my first step into the world of Photography" says to me beginner, and go the other way... you have to sell yourself!
:iconhedwards:
hedwards Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
If you're serious about this, it's a good idea to start a blog, post tutorials, perhaps write a book. It seems like most of the modern photographers I know about, spread the word that way.

If you can afford to, and are willing to take the risk, you might consider giving away some of your images for use in memes and such. It's a business decision how you license the images, but it's something to consider.
:iconshadowangel3:
ShadowAngel3 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
This would probably be better in your Journal.
Add a Comment: