Statistics

Replies: 15

Any bird experts here?

:iconlarexna:
Larexna Dec 31, 2012  Student
I need help identifying this bird on the corner here ~
/ [link]

Please help! :aww:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlion6255:
Lion6255 Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I thought chickadee a first but it looks to be to big and the legs look to long.
Larexna Jan 1, 2013  Student
Yup :nod:
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It really looks a lot like the mine tits I sometimes get in my garden. I think that is just a local name for coal tits.

Marsh tits and willow tits are very similar. I'm in the UK but I understand examples of at least some of those species are found in Asia.

I see somebody else suggested a great tit. Those are pretty common where I live - they have a very similar pattern but in my experience you can generally see some blues and yellows in the plumage. Great tits are generally a bit bulkier as well - but it could very easily be a juvenile.

Lovely picture, by the way!
Yep! :nod: It's definitely a tit of some sort, but the blur of its feathers makes it hard to define the exact species ^^;
:iconkittyliou:
KittyLiou Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It would be good to see more of its chest, I'd say either a coal tit or a great tit and the easy way to tell the difference is to check for the great tit's characteristic black "tie". I think I can see a black stripe on this birdie's chest, but it's hard to tell at this angle.
The coal tit also has a white cap behind its head.
To me, the white spot on its cheek looks more like a great tit's due to its more regular triangular shape, but that's not a precise way to tell.

Whatever it is, IT'S ADORABLE :love: I love those little poofballs.
Thanks for helping! :happybounce: It's definitely a tit of some kind :D I agree, the bird was a little blurry, so you couldn't see the details of its body.
:iconroninbearz:
roninbearz Jan 1, 2013   Photographer
Looks to be an Ostrich, But I'm going out on a limb here & it's just a guess.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Looks like a coal tit or similar species. Coal tits are pretty widespread, this map on wikipedia shows the range of distribution of the species [link]
:iconlarkwingstudios:
LarkwingStudios Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
Looks a bit like a black-capped chickadee to me. Where was this taken, if I may ask? ^ ^
Larexna Dec 31, 2012  Student
I forgot to add another important information :iconfacepalmplz: It's taken in Shanghai, China. That's where i'm at right now ^^
Add a Comment: