Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Lookin for friends and critiquers, teachers!

:iconearthlyhalo:
EarthlyHalo Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I am new to the whole "professional photography" thing, or about to get into it, and I need fellow critiquers. I model some of my shots I see based off of other shots other people do here on deviantart, so all you awesomely amazing photographers out there, you are my role model.

I am looking for people to critique on my work, and to make a few friends if possible. Not sure if this is the right board, but I figured I would start here! Anywho. I like getting different people's opinions, and suggestions, to my pictures and would like to get some tips along the way.

Feel free to follow, reply here, or simply send me a note with what you think or suggest! I am all ears and open to anything and everything!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmad-shrewd:
mad-shrewd Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
If you're in need of this sort of help, isn't it a bit soon to be trying to sell anything? Professional photography is rather competitive, and if you haven't nailed the technique enough to know what you are and aren't doing correctly, it would seem to me that you're not ready to sell things.

OTOH, there's no harm in putting work up for sale immediately, the worst case scenario is that nothing sells and you don't build up a reputation. In most cases if you don't have good work, you won't have a reputation at all.

Apart from Camera Reversus Phobia, the main thing that seems to join all photographers is crippling perfectionism in their chosen work. I regularly have to have people force me to post pictures. Which reminds me, I'm neglecting my other account...
No, no I know. Eventually when I do well, which was my point in all of it, I do plan to sell. But you are right. I am a little early. I have more learning to do. I don't learn if I don't try, however.
:iconmad-shrewd:
mad-shrewd Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
OK, I wasn't sure if I was missing something. It's definitely possible to create a print worthy of sale the first time out, but it takes a large number of high quality prints to support oneself.

I wouldn't mind looking at them though.
EarthlyHalo Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Okay :). I know I don't have many high quality prints, but that comes with time an equipment. More or less, looking to see if I am doing the right shots to get those high quality prints,
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012

"Not sure if this is the right board, but I figured I would start here! ..."

It isn't. This is where you should go: [link]

My apologies then!! Havent used the forums before, lol.
Add a Comment: