Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Best Camera?

:iconletsbebubbly:
LetsBeBubbly Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Hi! \^.^/ I need a new camera, but not super expensive. It can be online or at the store, no boundaries!
I take pictures mostly of the sky, if that helps at all.
Any Ideas?
Thank You!
~Azaelia

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmad-shrewd:
mad-shrewd Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
The best camera is the one that you have with you.

If you're new to photography, I'd recommend whatever the cheapest camera you can find is. Take 5 or 6 thousands shots with it and learn composition. When you've done that, then you will probably want something a bit more powerful. At that point an entry level dSLR with a quality lens is something to consider.

Learning to work around the limitations of your gear is the thing which separates the pros from the wannabes. It will also allow you to focus on learning composition in a really deep way. Before you get a lot of flexibility to distract from the practice.

The main thing you get with a more expensive kit, is more flexibility. I learned photography on a Canon Powershot S10. My good body is a Canon EOS10D, but I use a Canon Powershot sx40HS at the present, because I couldn't take that much gear with me on my present trip.
:iconbwphotographry:
BWPhotographry Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Professional Photographer
[link]

Check out this, that helped me alot and i mean it just depends if you want to shoot film or digtal.
also nikon have the 1 series they are fully adjustable with shutter speed and iso and aperture and they are really cheap (compared to a fully DSLR camera.) [link] .
it is also worth considering what you want to shoot, there is no point in getting a full framed sensor if you only going to shoot small format stuff (because full framed senors are more expensive.)

Hope that helps you on your purchase

I will definitely take a look! Thank you bunches!
:iconbwphotographry:
BWPhotographry Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Professional Photographer
no worrys darling the stickey post to the forum is a bit long and there are bit that are irrelevant if your shooting digital but it is deferentially worth a read.
:iconroninbearz:
roninbearz Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012   Photographer
The real question is, how much can you spend on a camera now? Perhaps this site may be of help: [link]
I would say the most may be about $200.
:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Professional Photographer
If you’re looking to do sky photography, you’ll likely want to shoot moderately wide, and you’ll want to have a moderately deep focus in your shots. Using a point-and-shoot, with its smaller sensor, will help you achieve that. Sky photos also tend to feature a wide tonal range, particularly at sunrise and sunset, so it’d be helpful to have something that can capture in RAW. Ideally, it should be able to accept filters for the lens, but if you can shoot in RAW and bracket exposures, that’s less vital. I would recommend something like the Canon Powershot G12.
Thank you so much! This helps alot. :nod:
:iconmkr:
mkr Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
What's your budget? "Not super expensive" could be anywhere from a low-end point and shoot to an entry level DSLR.
Add a Comment: