Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Bought me a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, what do you guys recommend to get now?

:icontheycallme-g:
TheyCallMe-G Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
As of now I got a EF-S 18-55mm and a EF 50mm f/1.8

I was consider getting a flash unit but I am not sure. I'm primarily taking pictures of cars and in the process of making a rig for those awesome looking rolling shots. I'm getting a wireless shutter remote this Saturday. Then I suddenly realized that I need a bag for all these equipment XD.

But anyway, I'm considering a wide angle lens but I am lost on which brand to get and most of my research ends up on those Ultra-Wide Angle lens. I don't really have time to Google these things anymore. I got school, work, and my Army Reserve Drills on my days off.

I'm also on a budget (I am living on cup ramen again and going to school) and I noticed the Sigma 10-20mm is around $429 on BH. I really appreciate any input.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontimberclipse:
TimberClipse Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Filmographer
If you were to get a flash, you would need more than one as it would have to be set up from different angles. So a wide angle lens is definitely a possibility, the other option would be to save up for a while and then get something even nicer down the line ;)
:iconmad-shrewd:
mad-shrewd Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
Right and you'd also want to have some sort of external incident light meter. I know Sekonic has some really nice ones, but they're quite expensive.

Especially for those that are taking photos of things like cars which might have bright chrome highlights.
Add a Comment: