Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

need advice on this camera gear i saw on amazon

:iconjzoudavy:
Hi guys

so I came across this item on amazon, it is a fisheye converter, and it fits my rebel xti, and its only 39 dollars. Is it too good to be true?

[link]

thanks
davy

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconm0ny11:
M0NY11 Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If you got your hands on a fish eye lens, youll be stunned and how the optics in the lens react..:) This is not a "fish eye" lens, its not even a lens, more like a fitler that enhances the lens into a fish eye effect. yes effect and not a real fish eye..
:iconolda-g:
Olda-G Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
If you expect optics like those in a dedicated fish-eye lens then it is too good to be true, but not if you are looking for optics more along the lines of fisheye lomography.

On the other hand, as others have said, it is only $39 which isn't much to have a little fun and is no big loss if you end up not liking fisheye shooting.

Serious fisheye photography is actually quite difficult compositionally and the lenses are not cheap so this might be a good introduction to see if you might want to pursue it further in the future.
:iconanj3l:
Anj3L Dec 25, 2012  Professional General Artist
I'd say give it a go! I got a set of filters that act as mini macro lens for $10 and they are actually pretty incredible. =) You'll never know if you don't try. Read all the reviews on it you can, and see if there's any customer images they've shot with that lens. Best of luck to you!
:iconlaciemelhart:
LacieMelhart Dec 25, 2012  Professional Photographer
It's $39 - it could be too good to be true and it could be a decent lens to play around with. Regardless it's $40 - buy it and if you want a better fisheye in the long run then you can save up for it. You might get the lens and realize you hate shooting fisheye - better to be out $40 (which you could probably sell later) than $200+.

That being said it's also rated 4/5 stars on Amazon so enough people have used it and have been happy with it that it can't be totally awful.
:iconrcooper102:
I don't know much about the brand but at that price I am going to assume the image quality is mediocre at best. That said, at $39, you can't really go wrong.
Add a Comment: