Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1

Photography/coffee table book?

:iconrockthesky:
rockTheSky Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
So I'm trying to design a custom coffee table book and put my best pictures in it. I'm creating it in Adobe InDesign, however, I've hit a problem. I don't know what the page orientation should be. If it make it more landscape, then portraits will be small and there will be a lot of white space on the page. If I make it more portrait then landscape photos will look strange and be smaller, and I'll have a lot of white space. I thought about making the pages square instead as a compromise, but I'm just not sure. For some photos I'm planning to have a small caption, including the date, but very limited info, so I'd mainly be the photos on each page, with some having a white or black border and some not. Perhaps I'm not thinking very creatively about how to lay the photos on the page.

Some help or advice to get round the landscape/portrait page orientation issue would be very helpful. Thanks.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpetrova:
petrova Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist
Hm tough. Depending on how you want it to look I might say square actually, but I'm definitely not sure about this. When I did mine I thought about making the length of them (no matter if vertical or horizontal) the same because then they were equal - maybe an idea for you?

I used a place that makes books, so I went with their program to do it. I recommend that.
Add a Comment: