Closed to new replies
December 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 26

I got a tripod

:iconexoticjackal:
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist
:D My mom got me a Kodak Easyshare Z5010 for my birthday. (Not the best, but much better than the 8MP camera I'd BEEN using.) And for our Christmas party yesterday, my aunt got me a tripod. I'm so happy about this. It took some getting used to for the setup, but now I just love it. :3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondelahkel:
Delahkel Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student Photographer
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
:iconeaswee:
easwee Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Cool.

Now you can shoot cats from tripod.
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist
:lol: Pretty much.
I never have the opportunity to do much else.
No one wants to be a model. But I'm going to start getting pictures of my town once it gets all green again. Currently everything is dead and it just looks depressing. :saddummy:
:icongeorgewjohnson:
georgewjohnson Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
"I'm going to start getting pictures of my town once it gets all green again. Currently everything is dead and it just looks depressing."

You're looking but you're not seeing. How do you know there's nothing there worth taking pictures of? I bet if most of us on this forum came to your area we'd find lots of interesting stuff to shoot. Photography isn't really about cameras, that's the easy, technical stuff that anyone can learn in 5 minutes flat. The really hard part is to do with you and how you see photo opportunities around you, that's the real secret of photography. The more you practice, the more stuff you see that others don't and the more great pictures you capture when you do have a camera with you.

Be serious waste of money if that new tripod/camera kit those great people bought you, spent the Winter/Spring stuck indoors, eh?
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012

"No one wants to be a model."

Bull. You are either lazy or shy. You have just not asked enough people.

"Currently everything is dead and it just looks depressing."

That's just you. Photography is an art and you have to use your imagination. If you are depressed, you see depressing things and that's what you shoot. If you force yourself to look for funny stuff, that's what you will see and that's what you shoot. What you look for is what you are going to find, provided only that you really look for it. Here's an idea: Ever read the Calvin and Hobbes cartoons? The cartoonist had a running series of cartoons with snowmen that was funny as hell. Try something like that, with real snowmen and photograph them.

ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist
Actually, no, no one I know wants to volunteer, and I'm not going to ask a bunch of random strangers when I don't have the money to pay them. Also NO SNOW. I said it already.
:iconmkr:
mkr Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional General Artist
People will throw themselves into a camera's view even when you don't want them to. It's the whole idea behind photobombing. All you have to do is confidently say "Mind if I take your picture?"

Some of them might ask questions. Just be honest. Why is answered with "I'm learning how to shoot portraits." What you're going to do with them is answered with "I'm going to show it to more experienced photographers to get feedback."

It can help to look more like a professional than a creeper, so wear your best non-formal clothes when out shooting. Most people won't care, but it can improve your odds of getting permission.
O_o I didn't know people would do it for free. Must try.
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Also, you can shoot anyone you catch walking around outside in public without their permission, unless you are shooting for a commercial project.
OwO I thought that was illegal. Good to know. :la:
Add a Comment: