Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

At what point did the Fetish Portrait section become a catalog of feet?

:icongalapogosian:
galapogosian Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
Is this a wave or a permanent degradation? Maybe a sub category could be added to get this section back to a more artistic place?

I personally don't think holding your feet up to your iPhone constitutes art (and I have a very broad concept of art).

Discuss.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhedwards:
hedwards Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Regardless of merit, if there's so many that they're overwhelming the rest in the category, they have enough interest to have their own category just to let lesser used fetishes get some exposure.

That being said, it seems like when I joined the fetish section was mostly dedicated to blood and volence, IIRC.
:iconandanar:
andanar Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
They aint fetish at all. Argue though and you get the usual bullshit whines of "who are you to say whats art".
:iconroninbearz:
roninbearz Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012   Photographer
Set an example & upload what you consider appropriate 'Fetish' images.
:iconrockstarvanity:
RockstarVanity Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Professional Photographer
I think it's just the nature of dA being such a huge place that anyone can join as submit to. Alongside the really amazing art, there's going to be plenty of stuff submitted by beginners who people who just enjoy snapping pictures :shrug:
galapogosian Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
Well stated.
galapogosian Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
There's a bunch of photos that are really just weak snapshots with no attempt at composition of any sort. Fetish photos of any sort are fine with me, as long as there is some thought put into it.

A lot of what is going into the fetish section is really pitiful. I just saw a picture of a fat guy in panties and a $2 wig on the front page of DA. It's not what the site is about. It's my opinion. Take it or leave it. I'm just talking.
:iconb-gata:
B-gata Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
Are you unhappy because feet aren't your fetish or do you want all the crappily-taken photos put in their own category?
:iconvomitbear:
VomitBear Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
The same thing happened with the artist nude section. There are still some really talented photographers and models, but the number of lazy slobs who post anything is annoying.

Hacks like :iconjohnperi: with his snotty/whiner attitude is one thing, but the digital camera posers and the
poor taste/low quality pussy/dick shots have stunk it up.

It's all art of course, but the low quality art would be better in a Trailer Trash category or something.
Add a Comment: