Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 51

Ho much time do you spend on Photoshop?

:icons2photos:
S2Photos Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
As the title says. I'm wondering how much time the pro photographers, of any or all styles, spend in the editing phase. I have always fine tuned and corrected, but with a new camera coming soon and a new city, I'm wondering if I can revamp my style with planning more shits with editing in mind. I always like to compare with people that are better than I, so DO TELL!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon1sidedownand2up:
1sidedownand2up Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've used photoshop a lot for when I can be bothered to get the images off my P&S, seeing as it gets nowhere near enough use. Having used one of my collage's somewhat old (I think it counts as old now )nikon D-40 made me see how so-so my curent camera is.

Overal I've just not had time to photograph anything recently.
:iconcailenc:
cailenc Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
When I began years ago I used PS a little bit too much. Think about 60 Minutes per Picture, filter over filter and everything that had to be done to make it at least a little bit beautiful. These days I try to use it as less as possible, and it works really good. since my equipment grew and my skills got better, I don't have to change so much. Think for my latest pictures I used Photoshop only about a Minute to add my pre-made frame and a little bit selective colorcorrection. That's all I use it for since a few months...well, if it's a portrait for sure a little bit more, my models expect clean skin, but even then I try to keep it as close to reality as I can :)
:iconmkr:
mkr Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
None. I rarely spend more than 30 minutes touching a photo up in GIMP.
S2Photos Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Why has nobody corrected me about my typo in the title?!?! This is almost 2 weeks old and I just noticed :ashamed:
:iconhemphat:
HempHat Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
There are better things to worry about. ;)

But to answer the question, I do not personally edit at all. For me it is a matter of patience, practice and taking the time to try to produce a great photograph.
S2Photos Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Yeah I have patience issues. So I'll just snap 20 shots of the same subject and then figure out which I like later haha.
:iconhemphat:
HempHat Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Good luck if you decide to take up animal photography, you'll need a lot of patience. :giggle:
S2Photos Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
lol i'll get right on that
:icondragonfly-oli:
dragonfly-oli Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
First of all, I use Gimp, but when I use it, I spend about.. half an hour to 2 hours for one picture.
S2Photos Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Another one I'm not familiar with. I've been out of the game for a while, so one more thing to google. And you have beautiful work, so it looks like it gets the editing job done. :D
Add a Comment: