Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Camera bag suggestions

:iconnina-francesca:
Nina-Francesca Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   Photographer
I'm looking for a "fashionable" (or rather, inconspicuous) camera bag, similar to this one - [link] but preferably cheaper than 200 bucks, and in black. :) I don't like lugging around an obvious camera bag at night in the city, I'm sort of asking to get mugged. Anyone have any suggestions?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjade-iris:
jade-iris Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional Photographer
I recently found this site [link] and they seem to be priced decently. Prices range from $87-$119
Nina-Francesca Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012   Photographer
ooo thank you!
:icongeorgewjohnson:
georgewjohnson Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I use a Lowepro Vertex 200 rucksack bag, it's a beast but me being a poor old sod it's getting a bit heavy to carry everywhere these days so I'm looking at getting a Think Tank or a Kalahari shoulder bag, something smaller with room for just the essentials.

The big bags are great until you find yourself standing in 6 inches of mud or sand and nowhere to rest the bag without it getting covered in muck!
:icontimberclipse:
TimberClipse Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Filmographer
I used to use the deviantART Camer bag, I loved it until my gear ran over what it could fit. If you have a small amount of gear I would actually highly suggest it.
If you need more space, the Lowerpro DSLR 150 (smaller) or 350 (medium) I would highly suggest. [link]
I own one. It holds up great. And there is a great support team behind it, a zipper broke on mine, nothing fatal, but I contacted Lowerpro, no questions asked they sent me a brand new one.
:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Professional Photographer
I use a military-style shoulder bag. It has a large interior, 8 additional pockets (two of which are apparently made to hold ammunition magazines, but I use them for spare memory cards and sync cables) and is entirely made of very heavy-duty nylon fibre. I bought it from a company in California for about $40. It’s big enough to hold a medium-format camera with attached digital back and lens, plus two more lenses, batteries, filters, cable release, white balance card, radio triggers, snacks, lens cleaner and cloths, and a handful of business cards. Plus it looks pretty badass.
Nina-Francesca Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012   Photographer
I love this idea! Thanks!
:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Photographer
I wish I could remember the name of the company that makes it, or what it’s called. Unfortunately, there are no logos or tags on the bag, and it’s been a few years since I got it. All I remember is that I saw it reviewed on the Wired website and figured it would make a good camera bag. I'm not positive, but I think it might’ve been called “The Attache” or “The Diplomat” or something similar. I could take a picture of it for you if that would help.
Oh that's ok, I'm sure I'll find something suitable now that I have the idea of looking at military bags in general. Thanks again :)
:iconrcooper102:
rcooper102 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Honestly, the Kelly Moore bags are a pretty good price, I doubt you will find anything that is both fashionable and good quality for under $200. I don't think I have ever paid less than $200 for a camera bag and all i care about is function/durability. BH did a big post on fashionable camera bags in their blog though, might wanna take a look through that, could be a gem or two: [link]
Thanks for that link, super helpful
Add a Comment: