Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Creative idea help? Ice

:iconlokolobo88:
Lokolobo88 Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I'm part of a camera club and next months theme or challenge is "ICE".
I live in Minnesota, land of 10,000 lakes, but it hasn't really gotten cold enough yet, nor have we had much snow as of yet. That and I was hoping for an idea that was out of the norm.
If you have any thoughts or ideas please share them with me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Todd

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmichaelrowlandson:
MichaelRowlandson Dec 8, 2012  Professional Photographer
Take some ice cubes on your walks
:iconcommandereve:
CommanderEVE Dec 8, 2012  Student Photographer
I find that taking walks around these areas and relaxing, take in the beauty of the land before you and ideas will pop in your mind. I find I can make anything look interesting where ever I am. ;)
:iconshurakai-stock:
Shurakai-Stock Dec 8, 2012  Professional Photographer
Go down to the shore of one of those lakes before dawn, preferably on a day when the water is still (and before dawn is usually when you’ll have the most luck with that anyway). Take a bag full of ice cubes and toss them in the water close to the shore while you try to photograph the splash, backlit by the slowly lightening horizon. Or you could dump them all in at once and photograph the flotilla with a little plastic toy polar bear on it.
:iconfallisphoto:
Can you do a series of photos illustrating the urban legend about the duck hunters and the dog? [link] I love that story.

Or how about something with ice crystals on a sheet of glass?
:iconfallbird:
FallBird Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hmm. Maybe dip something that doesn't handle ice well, like a flower, in some water and throw it in the freezer? That might come out looking like crap, but who knows. Or maybe you could try suspending something in a block of ice? OORRR. Just crush some ice and put it somewhere artsy. Hope that helps, I'm no photography person. xD
:icon88hypnotist8:
88Hypnotist8 Dec 7, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Try using the typical ice cube in a creative way... such as adding a very colourful background which allows the colours to reflect on its transparent surface. That's really all I can think of :/
Add a Comment: