Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

To all the Canonians out there: Have you used Magic Lantern?

:iconamruth-pillai:
Amruth-Pillai Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
The title says it all: Have you used Magic Lantern? Has it in any way enriched your style of taking photographs?

My opinion: When I was starting out with my Canon EOS 60D, the first major problem I had was focusing on an object perfectly, especially in low apertures such as 1.8 or 1.4, where I had to focus on the subject VERY clearly to get a good picture. During those times, Magic Lantern's Focus Peak addon helped me with the focusing process by showing me what was being focused (using multi-color dots) on the LCD screen. I also adore the inbuilt HDR feature, but I haven't used that one as much!

What do you think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhazeldazel:
hazeldazel Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Never used it. Never even heard of it before now.
:iconamruth-pillai:
Amruth-Pillai Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Oh, you should definitely try it out! :)
:icongeorgewjohnson:
georgewjohnson Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I'd heard of it but never paid much attention at the time, it's certainly interesting especially as I can imagine there will be next to no more development on new features just bug fixes for the 5DM2 firmware.
:icondelahkel:
Delahkel Dec 4, 2012  Student Photographer
Personally, it didn't really affect me at all in taking photos. It did, however, really enhance my video experience on the 5D2.
Add a Comment: