Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

To all the Canonians out there: Have you used Magic Lantern?

:iconamruth-pillai:
Amruth-Pillai Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
The title says it all: Have you used Magic Lantern? Has it in any way enriched your style of taking photographs?

My opinion: When I was starting out with my Canon EOS 60D, the first major problem I had was focusing on an object perfectly, especially in low apertures such as 1.8 or 1.4, where I had to focus on the subject VERY clearly to get a good picture. During those times, Magic Lantern's Focus Peak addon helped me with the focusing process by showing me what was being focused (using multi-color dots) on the LCD screen. I also adore the inbuilt HDR feature, but I haven't used that one as much!

What do you think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhazeldazel:
hazeldazel Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Never used it. Never even heard of it before now.
:iconamruth-pillai:
Amruth-Pillai Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Oh, you should definitely try it out! :)
:icongeorgewjohnson:
georgewjohnson Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I'd heard of it but never paid much attention at the time, it's certainly interesting especially as I can imagine there will be next to no more development on new features just bug fixes for the 5DM2 firmware.
:icondelahkel:
Delahkel Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Photographer
Personally, it didn't really affect me at all in taking photos. It did, however, really enhance my video experience on the 5D2.
Add a Comment: