Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Wireless Flashes??

:iconfurbinatorz:
FurbinatorZ Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I currently have a Canon Rebel T3 that unfortunetly doesn't have a wireless flash setting, so I'm resulted to purchasing THESE items:

[link]
[link]

I currently already have a 270 Speedlite EX. ( [link] )
So, what I'm asking is - do you think the Canon Speedlite 430 EX will work well with my 270 Speedlite?
Basically, I'm trying to trigger these flashes at the same time with the Cactus V5 (but will it even work? I mean - when the slave goes off will they both function with the V5 operating?) I'm so confused - and before purchasing these items I need to make sure they work.

I'm trying to do the setup that this guy is doing: [link] <-- This guy has awesome photography/photoshop tutorials worth checking out :)

If you're confused, or anything - let me know and I'll answer your questions, hoping you can help me in return!
Thanks forum, you never fail me :la: Hope you aren't as confused as I am.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional Photographer
According to the description of the trigger set, the receivers can attach to the flash via hotshoe connection, so you should be fine. You will need two receivers, unless you can set the 430 in slave mode (I’m not so familiar with Canon flashes).
FurbinatorZ Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Thanks, I was wondering if that would work so you've just answered my issue! Appreciate it! :D I can't wait for my equipment to come in.
:iconroboffin:
Roboffin Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
According to the listing for the transmitter it will work with the 430, but the 270 is a bit of a question mark.
The 270 doesn't have any ability to receive signals in the same way as the 430 (I use a 430 and a 580 with a speedlite transmitter on occasion so I know how this works) although that does rely on an IR trigger rather than the radio signal that the Cactus uses.
It does say the flashes (from the Cactus) can be triggered via the hotshoe connection so it may work, particularly as the 200E has been tested and found to be ok (and with the 200E being dumber than a sackful of hammers...)
Bottom line - contact the maker and see what they say.
info@harvest-one.com
FurbinatorZ Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Thanks for your comment, I was so dissapointed when I found out my Canon T3 couldn't use the slave function/wireless flash - so I'm really looking forward to this equipment coming in...
Add a Comment: