November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Olympus XZ-1 help

:icondrunkcowboy69:
DRunkCoWBoy69 Nov 27, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
[link]

Can anybody explain why this is happening? The circled part in the picture.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconworldsworstphotograp:
Because you're shooting wide open at night... lol. Stop it down further and it shouldn't be as much of a problem. Or shoot without the light in the background ;P.
:iconfallisphoto:
Those are reflections off of multiple lens elements.
DRunkCoWBoy69 Nov 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
mmmm well guess I could expect as much from a compact camera. Pictures have been pretty great as far as im concerned.
Oh, it's a good camera. It just has this tendency to flare in certain situations.
DRunkCoWBoy69 Nov 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I like it, shoots RAW and fits in my pocket and f1.8 what is there to complain about lol. It sucks at taking pictures of yourself but my DSLR is great at that nywayz. Got it for $230 to. Most of the other point and shoot cameras that shoot RAW were either to big or didnt have full manual controls.
Like I said, it's a good camera. It only has that one problem.
DRunkCoWBoy69 Nov 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Well i know that but my DSLR does not do that and I take pictures of lights in the dark all the time actually. So is it just because its a crappy point and shoot camera?
:iconworldsworstphotograp:
Haha dude... the XZ-1 is pretty danged high end for a point and shoot... It's not a G1X... but still, fairly high end as far as point and shoots go. The only crappy thing about it is the firmware... so half arsed by Olympus, unfortunately.
[link] Read the third paragraph under "How's it perform?"
:iconxochocolatebearxo:
xoChocolatebearxo Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
it's just the glare of the streetlight, happens to me all the time
Add a Comment: