Details

Closed to new replies
November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Battery Life.

:iconamateursciencephoto:
I have a Canon PowerShot SX130 IS, and I've been wondering which batteries would go the farthest. I tried to film with a duracell but only got about 7min. worth of video at 720HD quality. Do any of y'all know which brand/type of batteries would at least give me an 1hr and 30min. worth of video at 720HD quality in a 4GB SD card?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfallisphoto:
Energizer Advanced Lithium lasts longest of the store brands, but I'd be wary of using it in a camera because its initial voltage is 1.8 volts instead of the usual 1.5 or 1.6 volts. That might be enough to cause damage to some of the more delicate electronics. The three top brands of alkaline batteries (Kirkland, Duracell and Energizer) are all pretty close to the same; you know how that works (7 or 8 minutes). The Canon NB-3AH NiMH rechargeables will last about twice as long, but that's still only 14-15 minutes. In short, I don't know if you can get longer than 15 minutes with any kind of batteries in that camera; and if you want an hour and a half, well... a p&s camera is not really made for that. If you want to record an hour and a half of HD video, you really need a camera that IS made for it, they're called video cameras.
:iconrcooper102:
SLR lounge did an investigation of batteries for flash units. I imagine the batteries that performed best there will also perform best in your camera: [link]
Add a Comment: