Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Pixel camera grips

:icondelahkel:
Delahkel Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Photographer
Anyone used the Pixel camera grips? I'm considering getting one for my 5D mark III, but I don't really know how good they are. Their radio triggers seem to be quite popular, but haven't really read anything about their grips. Also, I'm open to suggestions for grips to the 5D mark III for up to around $150.
Main uses are gonna be for long wedding sessions, and for long hiking sessions.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcmckibbinphotos:
cmckibbinphotos Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Photographer
They look good! And they actually have the focus point selector built in, unlike the ridiculous Canon grip.
Delahkel Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Photographer
Actually, the Canon version does have the focus point selector built in as well, but they're too damn expensive.
:iconcmckibbinphotos:
cmckibbinphotos Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Photographer
Oh, my mistake then. I only have a MarkII and as far as I know Canon does not make such a grip for that.
Delahkel Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Photographer
Yeah, they only do it for the mark III as far as I know (and the built in one in the 1DX), but yeah, it pretty much made using the vertical grip impractical for me on the markII.
:icongeorgewjohnson:
georgewjohnson Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Apologies if I'm mistaken on what you mean but I have the official BG-E6 on my MkII and it definitely has a focus point selector. Far-right button, white cross-hair, same as on the body. About the only Canon accessory I did get and then only 'cos it was thrown half price when I bought the body.

Official accessories take the pee, 150 for Canon intervalometer when you can get a Chinese knock-off for 20, license to print money!
Delahkel Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Photographer
I was actually talking about that little joystick. Which, even the 1Ds mark III didn't have in portrait orientation. As far as I know, only the 1Dx and the 5DIII grip have those.

Oh, I have a lot of Chinese products in my arsenal. But it was always after reading tons of reviews of the product...for this particular product, couldn't find much reviews. That said, the Pixel triggers are very well known for their quality, so not sure this'll be much different.
Add a Comment: