Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Beginner Photographer , What Camera would you recommend ?

:icongreentofu:
greentofu Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hey guys !

I want to start photography ! I'm a complete beginner though.

I have a very low budget of 250
I went to stores and checked out my options. So here's the list :

OLYMPUS PEN E-PM1 + 14-42MM
PANASONIC LUMIX GF3 + 14-42MM
FUJIFILM FinePix S2980
Nikon Coolpix L810
Olympus SP-720 UZ Noir
and they also have a special pack with the Fujifilm FinePix S4500 and it's bag.

If there is a camera you can recommend which is below 250 please let me know the name and I'll check if it's available here in France.

Thanks !

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconblackroseangel89:
blackroseangel89 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Photographer
If you do ending up going for a camera with a non interchangeable lens, I have the Nikon Coolpix L120. It worked well for me and was a holding camera before I got my DSLR

Some of the photos I got with it

:iconzero587:
Zero587 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
This. Its what i use as well, and it works like a charm. :)
Nice shots ! But why is it so grainy o_o.
:iconrcooper102:
rcooper102 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
The Lumix is probably your best bet, fantastic camera for the price point. Won't find anything digital that can top it for the price.
Thanks for your answer , It's actually 299€ and not 250€ So I'm gonna see if I can add an extra 49. but they have the PANASONIC DMC-FZ48EF-K ( Which has LUMIX written on it ) for 239€. Good too ?
Lumix is just the name of Panasonic's camera line. The DMCs are point and shoot cameras aimed at consumers where as the GH line is more aimed at photographers. The FZ4 specifically is the top of that line and looks more like a mini DSLR but it still has a super zoom point and shoot lens on it that cannot be taken off. DMCs have really good optics for what they are because of the Leica lenses in them but if your goal is to "learn" photography you probably will grow out of the DMC very quickly and because it doesn't have interchangeable lenses it will struggle to grow with you.
I see. Is there a cheap camera that has interchangeable lenses ?
Well, that is what the G3 is ;) An entry level DSLR will run you as much as double that with a lens. You could try looking through the used market though, might be able to get a last generation camera for a good price.

Alternatively there are lots of film cameras that are cheap, but I wouldn't suggest that, you will quickly end up spending more on film and developing even though you might get the camera really cheap.
greentofu Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I've checked out the used market , i found a Nikon D60 and D5000 ( with objective 18-55mm ) for 250.

The D5000 was bought in 2009.

Worth it ?
rcooper102 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
So a D60, a D5000, and an 18-55 for 250?
or a D60 OR a D5000 with an 18-55 for 250?

Do they say how much the cameras have been used? (for example number of actuations)
Add a Comment: