Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Looking to buy camera... Help

:iconxdancingintherain:
xdancingintherain Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I am looking to buy a new SLR camera, and I am a bit of a beginner. Could I get some suggestions as to the best camera to buy, with lenses.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjzoudavy:
jzoudavy Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
buy a second hand dslr then, get the cheapest you can find
:iconrecoat:
Recoat Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012   Photographer
You need to give a bit more detail then "I want the best body and the best lens".

Budget, preferred subjects/genres, previous experience with a camera, is this just a hobby or do you plan to do more, etc.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add all that. I am a beginner. And I am just looking for a camera to learn the ropes on. I would like to take some professionally, but that would half to be a little down the road.
Can you name what is wrong with your current camera? It looks like you could learn a significant amount from that one prior to investing several hundred dollars on a DSLR.
It just doesn't have what I am looking for. I have a cannon powershot, and I want to start taking photography classes, but I can't do it with my current camera.
Recoat Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012   Photographer
"It just doesn't have what I'm looking for." You need to be more specific. Just because it's a compact doesn't mean you can't learn from it. There are plenty of people who take photo classes with such cameras and do fine. You will learn to manipulate the camera.
Mamiya Leaf Credo 80MP w/80mm lens. ~$46,000. Or Hasselblad H5D-200MS, no lens. ~$43,000.
:iconphoenix-enigma:
phoenix-enigma Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Where are you, and how much are you looking to spend?
I live in the US, and I really dont want to spend more than $1,000 because I am not real serious into photography yet.
Add a Comment: