Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 15, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Best Technique to correct this portrait background?

:iconpiggah:
piggah Nov 15, 2012  Student Photographer
[link]

So if you look at that photo you can see there's a very ugly and distracting arm on the right side. I've got PS but I'm just not sure of the best way to get that arm out of there. I'd like to just have grass and fence on that side like the right side, but I don't know if that's possible. One way or another I need to get that arm out of the portrait though.

Suggestions / links?

thanks a bunch!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconphotomark:
photomark Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Very easy in PS

I would use the pen tool ( also called a spline tool in CAD ) and create a marque around the model , this is very accurate and once done you can change the background to whatever you like.

Clone stamp could work but it is very messy once you try to get a seamless edge around the model.
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Nov 16, 2012  Student Photographer
Clone Stamp tool is the only thing I can think of.
:iconannlix:
Annlix Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Yeah, same here. It's a good shot otherwise, but I think the arm is a bit too much of the background to try to remove it. Otherwise there's the endless of hours of clone stamp perhaps? I am no expert in removing big things, so there might be a better way if you actually want to try to remove it. :)
:iconpakaku:
I'd honestly just retake it :B
:iconpiggah:
piggah Nov 16, 2012  Student Photographer
I would love to, but I can't. And I really want to salvage this photo.
Add a Comment: