Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 15, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

How do i change the resolution of a picture ?

:iconblack-dementia:
BLACK-dementia Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I have a few pictures that i have taken that i would like to print to canvases but i cant find a way to change the reslotion so it will look good if i do. i mainly use pisca to edit my pictures any ideas ?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconolda-g:
Olda-G Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I use the previously described Perfect Resize but an excellent free program for changing image resolution is FastStone Rhoto Resizer. I would recommend the Lanczos 3 algorithm for enlarging. Stepwise enlarging as others have described will probably get the best results
:iconunhealthy-addictions:
As the person above explained quite well the only way to have a decent result in increasing size is too do it by increment ( you can use a photoshop action that increases ten times 110% back to back or use specialty plugins like mentioned from On one ... Vertus also has a good one and alien slin too. I understand that you just wanted a couple bigger and that you have picasa but do you know like from what starting size to what desired size you need? If it's only a couple and they are easily accessible I am willing to help you out if you dont feel like getting proper software :horns: good luck
:iconblack-dementia:
BLACK-dementia Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
even now im just trying to just go from 5x7 to 8x10 to start or maybe a little bigg thank you for offering to help ~
:iconphotomark:
photomark Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
You CAN NOT make an image larger.

If the information is not there to start with then it never will be no matter how many pixels you have.

There is some software out there that makes images larger but this does not improve the quality in any way.

Think of the laws of physics , you can not in any way create something from nothing :)
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
"You CAN NOT make an image larger."

Sure you can. That's what enlargers exist for. Mine's a Beseler. You should rephrase that and say that you can't make something bigger and maintain or improve the quality. Even then it isn't quite true, but it would take an unbelievable amount of work, editing the whole photo one pixel at a time, and it would absolutely not be worth it. You'd be sick to death of that photo, and might die of old age, before it was done.
:iconphotomark:
photomark Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
LOL oh of course yes you can that way ,, I use a D2 my self :)

Even then you still loose quality though
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Depends on your skill level. I know a guy who restores old damaged photos. I'm pretty good at things like spot toning and blemish removal, I don't need a computer to do it, and you can't find what I did even if you look for it with a loupe. I'm pretty good at editing with a computer too, and I don't need much of an editing program to do it, but he can do stuff that is unbelievable. He could probably do it.
:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Photographer
You’re damn right about that. I once had to take a bad scan of an offset printed image of a CEO that was about half an inch square and blow it up to lifesize. Took me three days. I didn’t try to go for photo-realism, but made it look more like an oil painting. The eye details were the worst. Made quite a bit of money, though.
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Worst one I ever had to do took me a little over a month. That was just getting rid of artifacts from a bad scan. Unfortunately, I was going for realism. I didn't have a serious image editing program at the time and had to do it in paint.
:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Photographer
Reminds me of when I first started learning Photoshop, before there were layers, or more than one undo. I hope your client paid you well for your trouble.
Add a Comment: