Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Need suggestions on my Photography Logo design

:iconstefunny01:
stefunny01 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
I made a flyer to send to my clients with their disk of Photos and prints, would love some suggestions on it!

heres the link to the deviation:
[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional Photographer
As a ten-year veteran art director, here’s my take: either knock out your name and the word “photography” or else reverse the area covered by the black screen. Here’s why: light things tend to attract our eyes, dark things tend to repel us. Things with lots of high contrast are subconsciously appealing, while we generally ignore things with low contrast. Think about what this logo says about your photography, that you don’t understand the most basic use of light and shadow in order to capture a viewer’s attention. The grey bar across black type overlaid on the orange lowers the level of visual contrast. You don’t necessarily have to produce the highest possible level of visual contrast (there are enough white on black logos out there already), but intentionally going in the other direction “just to be different” doesn’t work because it ignores human neural psychology.

~gonnafly has some good suggestions, but ignore ~FIRSTxAIDxKIT.
:iconkippa2001:
kippa2001 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
To be honest I like it as it is. Call it personal preference, I don't see anything wrong with it.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
I think you need to do some more font studies. That boring, static serif font feels so heavy and overpowering next to that condensed, thin font. I would stick to one font family and play with weights and sizes, rather than trying to combine two completely different font families that do not complement each other at all.

Also, get rid of the period after the "me". It's unnecessary.
:icondangerous124:
DANgerous124 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Instead of a circle, I would use a horizontal oval instead. There's too much negative space in the circle. I would also change the fonts for the word "photography" and the text on the bottom so that it's easier to read. I would also remove that big bar in the middle.
:iconhzade:
HZade Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Looks good! It looks professional, but still fun. I love the two fonts that you chose, they go very well together! The word 'photography' is spaced very well, so it takes up almost the same amount of space as your name does - this is good, the balance would be awkward otherwise.

Now, suggestion time! Something about the composition is bugging me. I feel like the middle section (the frame, the grey line, your name, and 'photography') needs to be moved up a bit - just a tiny bit. Since that's in the middle and there's a phrase on the bottom, it seems like there's an empty space at the top where something should be. Maybe have that middle part 1/4 of the way down the page, and keep the phrase where it is.

And the other thing is, I think there needs to be some more contrast between the background and the font. The first thing I can think of is to make the font darker/heavier and make the background lighter (exactly like ~gonnafly said before me!)

I hope this helps somehow. Good luck with perfecting your flyer! :D
:icongonnafly:
gonnafly Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Very nice design. The handmade typography is a nice touch.

The only thing I would say to correct on it is the grey thick line that goes across doesn't need to be there. It takes away from the handmade feel. Also you need to play with colors or thickness of the type in the middle to bring more contrast. Some letter spacing issues need to be fixed, the period after the S needs to be brought in and the spacing between the Wi in William needs some space (the i is visually to close to the W). The type on the bottom is hard to read because it's tall so it needs to be thicker for it to be easier to read.
Add a Comment: