Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Kodak lens problem

:iconhui-li:
hui-li Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I got this kodak easyshare dx6490 with a Schneider Kreuznach lens. Recently, I've been trying to zoom in on objects (it's 10x zoom in case you're wondering) and everything appears blurry, even when I cleaned it off, and it's not like I'm zooming out too far, just several feet is all. I also changed the ISO settings various times, with no success.

Sorry in advance if this sounds like a vague problem, or, for that matter, blunt. But for those who had this problem or heard about this, I'd like to get some suggestions on what I should do. Should I get a new lens for this (nothing pricy, I'd like to spend about, at the absolute most, $50 USD). I was thinking about getting the Sunpac UV lenses for it, would that be an ideal choice given my situation? Or is there something else I can do about it without having to buy anything?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfallisphoto:
38-380? Super Zooms are just not very sharp. They are not that sharp with the lens retracted and the more extended it gets, the worse it gets. The problem is that they have to be so very finely tuned that even a few weeks of wear from heavy use can throw them out of adjustment. The rule of thumb for zooms is that the ones with the smallest range of focal lengths are the sharpest. The sharpest lenses of all are primes, that don't zoom at all. Lenses that zoom a lot have the most problems.

That said, 1. did you clean the back element of the lens? 2. What did you use to clean it?
I cleaned it off (the outside of the camera, not sure what the back element is, but I suppose it's the outside part of the lens) with a Sunpak Lenspen.
To clean the rear element, you have to remove the lens and clean the glass on the back end of the lens. That is far more critical than cleaning the front. Set the lens pen aside and do this: [link] That's how professional restorers do it.
:iconrecoat:
The camera they're using is a cheap compact. If they took it apart there's little chance it'd go back together and function.
Oh. He's screwed then.
heh, forgot the specs, how careless :shrug:

38-380mm.

That could change the lens I realize. Sunpac may not be the one for me then.
Add a Comment: