Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Style and technique

:icondeontebolaw:
deontebolaw Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
So i was just checking out this photographers site, i think it's awesome: [link] but when i compare it to photos that i've taken, they fall completely flat. Does anyone have any advice on how to shoot photographs a bit more inline with this style?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional Photographer
Some of it is post-processing, but a good chunk of it is, as =Recoat mentioned: lighting, model placement and an eye for composition. Once you’ve got beyond the basics of taking a well-composed and well-exposed picture, the post-processing tends to be most of what separates you from the pack.

In the case of this Boston shooter, I can see a lot of reliance on split toning in Adobe Lightroom and/or Photoshop, and a heavy hand on the saturation slider. Personally, I see nothing there that elevates that from any of a million other wedding photographers.
:iconliveto-inspire:
liveto-inspire Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
it's just about practising and finding a style that you are happy with :) try experimenting with different editing techniques until you come across one that suits you and yuor style :)
:iconrecoat:
Recoat Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012   Photographer
Can't say much on your images without seeing any.

As for the link- lighting, post-production, planning, model placement, location. Familiarize yourself with these things.
:icondeontebolaw:
deontebolaw Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
[url=[link] Indian Wedding Photographer [/url]
Add a Comment: