Closed to new replies
October 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Flash Heads and Wireless Triggers

:iconmiss-sparkles:
Miss-Sparkles Featured By Owner Oct 30, 2012  Student Photographer
So I'm wanting to build on lighting, and this for the most part will be stuido use.

Later on when I have the money I will get battery packs.

Anyways my mind is just blocking when it comes time to shop for wireless triggers. I sit here thinking is there something specific since what I'm using are these strobes, and not the off camera flash.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstevecaissie-stock:
SteveCaissie-stock Featured By Owner Nov 1, 2012  Professional Photographer
Cybersync transmitter/receiver pairs should work with any type of flash (that’s the Paul Buff set). They use a 1/8" mono jack, which is pretty standard. If the lights you’re planning to get have 1/4" inputs, it’s a simple matter of getting a 1/8" to 1/8" mono cable and a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. Any electronics store should have them, or you can order them online from about a thousand places.

Often, if you buy your lights and triggers from the same manufacturer (Cybersyncs with Alienbees or Einsteins, Skyports with Elinchrom lights, etc.) you can get additional features, like the ability to adjust flash power from the transmitter, but those are really just icing on the cake (most times you’ll set your lights before the client shows up and never adjust them while shooting). The most important thing to look for when purchasing triggers for a studio environment is their dependability. Nothing worse than telling your client “Hang on a sec while I fiddle with this to try to get it working again.”
:iconrcooper102:
rcooper102 Featured By Owner Oct 31, 2012
Most pros use pocket wizards but they are pretty pricey. Impact makes some more cost effective triggers but they probably aren't as well made. Paul C Buff makes some too but I am not sure if they work with third party lights or just his heads.
Add a Comment: