Closed to new replies
October 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

35mm Cameras

:iconduncanwearsabearsuit:
DuncanWearsABearSuit Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I recently found an old Mercury II camera at my house. Does anybody know what the costs are of using a 35mm camera? I live in South Africa, but any help from any countries would help.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Nov 1, 2012
What a coincidence! I bought one a couple of weeks back: [link] It's in pretty rough shape, but I am restoring it. I should have a photo of the finished camera up in a few days. After that, I'll put a roll or two of film through it. From what I see of it, it isn't that hard to use. Looking at the front of the camera, the knob on your left, above the lens, is the film winder. Turn it until it stops and the shutter is cocked and the film is advanced. The knob on the right is for setting the shutter speed. The focus adjustment is the small knob right under the lens. It turns the numbered dial you see in the photo. The knob under the lens on the left of the photo sets it for rewinding. The button on top of the camera is the shutter release. If you are not good at guessing exposures, you will need a light meter to get the exposure right. The camera does not have a focusing aid, so you will need an auxilliary rangefinder too for when focus is critical.
:icontalescaper:
Talescaper Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
That sure looks like a fun little machine to have and use: [link]
Check out that camerapedia site, it looks like you can use regular size film. Here in Holland, a roll of film will cost about 7 euroes and developing another 10-12 euroes. It's certainly worth it though. Consider: the camera cost you nothing and if you'd bought a digital SLR it would have cost you a hundred rolls and developments ;)
:iconduncanwearsabearsuit:
DuncanWearsABearSuit Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you very much. It is a very nice looking camera, although it looks a little complicated to use. I really look forward to playing with it.
Add a Comment: