Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Questions

:iconwritingfan:
writingfan Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Hey there I am kinda new here and was wondering about if there is much of a market with story commissions or not. A friend of mine suggested me try it seeing that its a big site and there is a lot of members here.

Thanks.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconredrum-110:
redruM-110 Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013   Writer
Try joining groups of the genres or styles you enjoy writing most. Sometimes people advertise on those.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I think it would depend a lot on what you have to offer and what rates you work for. (Although please, please don't undersell your work just to get some commissions.)
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Student Writer
Keep an eye out, but don't get too hopeful that it will become some sort of worthwhile income (or indeed any income at all). Not many of these members are professional and as such most of them won't know what kind of price quality art should be. They're also mainly teenagers, so they couldn't afford to pay much even if they offer.

Short stories aren't really a great source of income these days - they can be a gateway to getting bigger things published, though. Still, you can use the community here to help improve your writing and critiquing skills, which is incredibly valuable for any kind of artist.
:iconsonamyfan362:
SonAmyFan362 Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional Writer
Keep an eye out. There might be an opportunity. Eventually, you'll get the chance, if you're patient enough. In the meantime, I suggest making friends in these forums. Getting to know your fellow writers is a great way to get what you wish on here.
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Student Writer
You sometimes see it in the Projects forum. Most of the time people will want you to do it for free, though.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Coincidentally (or perhaps not so much) the same is true for artists.
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Student Writer
Yeah. Rarely does anyone there offer any paid work--professionals tend to look in more, well, professional places.
Add a Comment: