Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 63

One more question, this is for anyone who's either worked on a story or is currently working on one.

:iconneutrastaff:
NeutraStaff Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
How long does it take you to make a chapter for one of your stories, on average how long does one chapter take for you? I am attempting to figure something out, which is why I'm asking.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxaudienceofone:
xAudienceofone Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
My chapters have an intense range in size. The smaller size would contain about 3000-4000 words, while larger chapters can contain up to 11000. Some take a few days, other about 1 or 2 weeks. When I'm busy elsewhere and have lack of ideas, it can take a month. Size and time spent depend on the content and the writer's mood for me.
:iconcheshirelies:
CheshireLies Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
My chapters average between 2500 - 4000 words, and once I actually get into working on them (usually takes a couple hundred words or so) I can finish a chapter up in a couple of days, or hell a couple of hours if I'm really into it. It depends on the content, and how into it I am.
:iconfranklinstudios:
FranklinStudios Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
the time i actually work on it, then 12 hours atleast but i only work on it once in a while
:iconvenom34:
venom34 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well I'm making a manga but about 2 months per issue if I don't have any distractions!
:iconyourdoom243:
yourdoom243 Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Professional Writer
For my Sci-Fi novel it took me like a month. But I was getting fairly detailed.
:iconkythkyn:
Kythkyn Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Student Writer
For me it depends. Anywhere from an hour to a few days, depending on how long it is, what needs to be said, how clear the chapter is before I start writing it, how much I hate my writing that day. A bunch of things. But there really shouldn't be some sort of belief that a chapter has to take (or shouldn't take) X amount of time.
NeutraStaff Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
I see
:iconthenimster:
TheNimster Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It takes me anything from a couple of hours to a few months even.I belive in not rushing it ,but then again everyone has his own pace and manner of writing.
I think that you need to be satisfied with how the story flows and disregard time as a factor.
NeutraStaff Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
I kind of feel better now. Guess it's true what they say about quick and easy being wrong (course I already knew that, but this just reminded me more of it). You know something, thanks for that. I shall be more patient.
:iconglowstck:
Glowstck Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Writer
A 4,000-ish word chapter takes me about 2 to 3 hours, but why do you ask such an odd question?
Add a Comment: