Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 151

Kiss my ass.

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Okay, really the collective ass, but whatevs it doesn't read as well.

So. Anyway. I've been noticing a more than usual amount of 'you have to help me with this,' where 'this' is anywhere from a vague potential idea to like a 300-page manuscript (which, btw, that's a good 100+ minutes of my time and probably like 200+ of someone else's).

NOBODY "HAS" TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.

Or do they?

Is there some part of being in a community that obligates people to help each other out? Is it shifted because writing is way more time-consuming to critique?

And how much groveling is needed? I mean, a lack of self-respect is a terrible thing, and at some point I'm thinking it slips into that realm.

I think it's pretty obvious what side I'm on but I'm inviting you to change my mind.

PS. If you try claim age is a reason why anyone should give an extra shit, -150000.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjamberry-song:
jamberry-song Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Professional General Artist
We're the Planeteers; you can be one, too.
Saving the planet is the thing to do!

neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Saving the planet doesn't require helping a single person, though o:
:iconactsofart:
ActsofArt Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm not much for spoon feeding someone their storyline but if they have at least an outline and just want to know how it can be improved or what could be added then i might try and help
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:nod:
:iconlifh:
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
No one is obligated to help ANYBODY, but it's the kind thing to do, to help someone out of the goodness of your heart. I don't believe that you should write their story for them, but if somebody asks for help, then by god, you should help them! It surprise me how many un-giving people there are here. Why must we be like? Why can't we spend our time giving? What better things are there to possibly do then giving to others? I certainly can't think of any.
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Verily.
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
What does that even mean?
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Truly.
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
Um, whatever.