(You said to think of it as a blurb so I guess I'll play 'pretend to be a journalist')
For as long as I can remember I have worked with stories but only seriously so since the age of 14, so for about 7 or 8 years now. While it is difficult to judge one's own skill I say I definitely fall away from beginner and at least to intermediate, despite never being published beyond a school magazine or a self-owned blog. I have yet to secure an agent, but I was head of a literary magazine for two years in a row. As a theater major I've had to do a lot of improv and story-telling exercises, and they are usually well received. I was also a writing mod for a prompt group here on deviantart until recent incidents that drove us apart. By the end of the year I hope to at least have my novel finished, if not already pushing into the market. I would love to finish life as an author, with at least one person interested in my world.
1. Intermediate. 2. Had a play produced last year and self-published some books of poetry. Rah rah? 3. I don't have an agent. Not yet. 4. I don't know if this qualifies as a literature-literature initiative, but a friend and I do run a little show every few months down in Chicago where we feature either unknown artists/writers/musicians/what have you or have release parties for folks who published (or self-published) a book. 5. I hope to get a reasonably polished draft of my novel done this year and to start getting it ready for publication (goal is to start sending the sucker out before I turn 30, which will be in the summer of next year. That's a scary thought, but I digress). I also am going to be doing some research for the next book. I have about eight books I'd love to publish before I die.
Centennial State native and self-described creative genius (name withheld upon request) has been writing for nearly 20 years, specializing in free-verse poetics as well as creative short-story and long-form fiction while juggling the challenges of the everyday struggles of the common man.
1. Would you consider yourself a begininng, intermediate, or veteran writer? Intermediate. I have a degree in English, I've tutored in college, and I've written technical proxies for my job.
2. Publication: Have you self-published, including online? Have you traditionally published? What books do you have out in print/e-book so far? If you're a short-prose or poetry person, what anthologies have you been in? What magazines? What's the largest distribution you've had for a piece of your work? Self-published only here (unless you want to count the excerpts from my attempts in the annual NaNoWriMo contests on my profile there). I have not traditionally published, nor do I have any works in print/e-book format, nor have I been in any anthologies or magazines. For whatever its worth, my largest distribution has been, well, this.
3. Agency: Do you have an agent? If so, how badass are they? If not, how badass are you? I have no agent (badass or otherwise) to speak of. However, I have considered myself plenty badass on several occasions.
4. Apart from writing, are you involved in any literature initiatives? Magazines, anthologies, contests, critique groups, arts councils? I fail to see how one can be a part of any literary endeavors that are separate from writing (unless I'm totally missing the point of this question), but to answer the question, no (unless, again, the aforementioned annual NaNoWriMo contests counts, and if it does, I have a local writers group that gathers for write-ins throughout the contest and sporadically throughout the year).
5. Where do you see yourself, realistically, with your writing at the end of this year? What do you hope to get out of writing, in the long run? Realistically: I see myself not very far from where I'm at right now at the start of this year (thank you, real world and your responsibilities!); however, I'm hopeful that may change over time. As far as what I hope to get out of writing long-term, would be a revival of my creative forces (for one), my creative confidence (for two), and the rest...well, time will tell. The dream of publication isn't dead.
1. Would you consider yourself a beginning, intermediate, or veteran writer?
It's a continuum, and I'm on it somewhere between starting out and making real money from it. Any points in between are arbitrary.
2. Publication: Have you self-published, including online? Have you traditionally published? What books do you have out in print/e-book so far? If you're a short-prose or poetry person, what anthologies have you been in? What magazines? What's the largest distribution you've had for a piece of your work?
I've never self-pubbed, unless you count posting on dA. I don't. I've been in a few anthologies and lit mags, mostly years ago at university when I was seriously submitting things to places. I've no idea what the distribution figures are.
3. Agency: Do you have an agent? If so, how badass are they? If not, how badass are you?
Hell no. Publication on any sort of scale is not a goal right now for me. It's a hard grind and only is it wholly incompatible with my day job, it's pointless until I write something novel-length I'm nearly happy with.
4. Apart from writing, are you involved in any literature initiatives? Magazines, anthologies, contests, critique groups, arts councils?
Local storytelling group.
5. Where do you see yourself, realistically, with your writing at the end of this year? What do you hope to get out of writing, in the long run?
At the end of this year? Not a lot different. I'm in it for the long game.
Haven't held a
single giveaway yet
this year… so,
let's hold one now!
winners in total
-◊ 1st place:
100 points (one
place: 50 points
3rd place: 25 points
appreciated, it i...
Yes? Then... It's a
RAFFLE TIME! :D
celebrate the fact
that I've got 799
something, I don't
know, I just want to
draw something for
some random person
you want to
participate, all you
have to do is:To be
my watcher (if
you're going to
:love:First of all,
thank you so much
for all the birthday
wishes! You've no
idea how it made me
I turned 23
yesterday. I feel so
because it's my
birthday, I decided
to hold a giveaway
and an art feature!
giveaway, I wil...
scheinbar is a much-loved and well-known deviant. Just one look at her gallery, filled with enchanting photography, will have you mesmerized. A deviant for over 7 years, Christiane can always be found posting inspirational features as well as regularly commenting on other deviations and encouraging and empowering her fellow deviants. We are inspired and insist that you too stop by and congratulate ... Read More