Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 62

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

:iconpinkymccoversong:
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Writer
....AND THAT'S OKAY.  But you have to own it.  Admitting you're wrong isn't weakness.  But a lot of you refuse to back down when someone says, "wel,, actually, it's like this..." ...even when said someone is totally right.  There's a lot of having-the-;lst-word going on around here, even when the last word is total bs.  So here's what I need from y'all:

Tell me about a time you didn't know what you were talking about, and someone here in the lit forums totally pwnd you.

Tell me about a time you gave horrible advice just because you wanted to contribute to a conversation.  Own up to it, retract that advice, ask for better advice.  NOW.

Tell me about a time you had to pwn someone who was talking out of their butt.  Bonus points if you actually did pwn, and aren't talking out your butt yourself.

Feel free to whine about some know-it-all jerk who corrects you all the time (but know that the regulars will probably come in with their hammers if you're wrong).

Admit something you don't know and wish you knew more about.

STOP PRETENDING YOU KNOW STUFF WHEN YOU DON'T.

I'm going to go finish eating my cookie now.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Writer
I know a boss-everyone-around guy on another site, and every time somebody even typed a typo the guy 'shouts' at you (or is it a gal?).
Reporting him/her doesn't work, the site admins see the user as 'a well-respected order keeper of the community'.
And the user goes telling off you for your very existence.
Most of the times you know exactly what you are talking about (commenting on a book on a 'Worst book ever' thread, for example) the user PMs or quotes your thing and say you aren't being 'nice' or that 'The author never did that!' because he/she happens to like that author, and the author actually did that.
:icontiganusi:
tiganusi Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Professional
:iconbawwwwwwwwwplz:
:iconcheshirelies:
CheshireLies Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
I'm not sure this is very relevant but reading the topic made me think of this:

The only thing I can think of that is mildly related was the time a fellow writer posted a journal in his writing group crying about how someone had said they didn't like the writing group itself. They didn't trash talk, just simply said they didn't find it as interesting as others did. The group owner went into a ragefit and posted a journal in his group, as well as his own account, and when I stepped in to say I thought he was blowing it out of proportion, he proceeded to call out both my own work and the other dude's, and say that his group was way better than anything we could produce, although I'd never had a problem with his group.

Nobody got 'pwned' for say, but it definitely opened my eyes on someone I had previously respected.
:iconneomerlin:
neomerlin Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student Writer
I ALWAYS KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT EVEN WHEN I DON'T
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Professional Writer
:stare:
It must be true because my mum said my writing is the best thing ever and I'm so good at it so I must know everything and my English teacher really likes this one poem that I wrote and so I didn't pay attention in class and just kept writing poetry after that. Clearly there is no more I could possibly learn and I am an expert on writign and stuff
I will shank you.
Isn't that illegal? I'm pretty sure shanks are endangered.

Yeah, they totes are. Who doesn't know that? You, apparently.
/me shanks
Aw shit, dog. Now I'm dead. Why you gotta be like that? U just jelly of my mad skillz
Add a Comment: